I bought a tasting tin of this loose leaf milk Oolong on a whim. The price was right and I can always use more tea tins (my cupboard is a mess).

The aroma of the dried leaves was very interesting, as was the aroma of the tea once steeped. The flavor however I found to be a little too astringent and not nearly as milky as the aroma had implied. Still a very nice cup of tea, and maybe I will appreciate its notes more on my next cup now that I know what to expect.

I must say that this tea was expertly rolled. Once steeped the one teaspoon of dried leaves had expanded to fill my fairly large infuser. The leaves seemed to be of great quality and were very much full leaf.

speaklikeachild

Subsequent cups I have steeped at a slightly lower temperature than what was recommended on the the tin. This resulted in a less astringent brew and was more pleasant and milky. Still not particularly fond of this tea though. As nice as the aroma is I can’t get into the flavor.

Comments

speaklikeachild

Columbia, Missouri