drank Fantasy Island by DAVIDsTEA

This was a fairly enjoyable cuppa tonight.

Today brought sun, rain, hail, snow, and lots of wind. All at random times in like 5-10 minutes spurts. It was pretty blustery when I went to leave my building to meet up with shizukanix for her first time to DAVIDs. I’d tried several times to leave, and finally just toughed it enough to the bus stop without my brolly buckling over from the wind. I’m grateful I pushed on, as it wasn’t so bad downtown (which is only a 5 minute or less bus ride from my neighborhood), and I had really wanted to exchange my Sweet Ginger Heat and Jungle Juju. I’d been smelling Fantasy Island the last few times I’d been in, but I was fairly certain that today was the day to get some. I needed an escape from the blustery cold wind and rain.

It smells really lovely…almost like a mix of Love Tea #7 and Mulberry Magic (or possibly Checkmate). And as I like all of the aforementioned teas, I figured I’d like this one too. I think that to me, I get a little more of the raspberry sweetness in the dry leave, but it fades to the back in the brew, and the coconut dominates. I don’t think this is all that bad, though I do wish there was just a wee bit more of the fruit taste in the mix.

I found the tea to be mild…but in a calm sort of way. I found it kind of like Checkmate in that respect, which is why I listed it with the others, but in parenthesis. It was definitely nice on this horrible March eve.

I generally like a lot of tea. I do find I have a preference for flavored over unflavoured, but I do love a good straight tea as well.

Likes are too hard, since there are a lot. Dislikes are easier, so here they are.

Hibiscus. Blech. I can tolerate a little, depending on the brew, like Berry Good from Davids and Ruby Pie from Butiki…but in general, it’s too tart and too strong for me.

Licorice. Anything that remotely resembles licorice is out too, so that includes fennel and anise. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Florals. I’m cool with petals in the tea to make them look pretty, and I’m cool with teas like oolongs having a floral note, but strong florals can give me migraines. Rose and jasmine are the biggest offenders. This is one where it can vary on the blend, as I can handle Teavivre’s Peach Jasmine Dragon Pearl tea because there is very little jasmine actually detectable in it.

Rooibos is hit or miss. I can do some, but not others. I handle green better than red, and honeybush better than rooibos.

Um, I have an extensive wishlist. It is both a list of things I want to get again, and things I want to try. If you are sending me something, and you want to know which is which, I’ll tell you via PM.

My ratings don’t have a particular scale or method, and may on occasion contradict themselves, but I’m honestly not fussed about that. Sometimes I don’t even rate at all.

Uh, guess that’s it.