drank Jolly Jellybean by DAVIDsTEA

I didn’t steep this right. I added my water and then got distracted by a shiny thing. I seriously need to start using a timer. That said, rooibos is usually pretty forgiving. I’m trying to decide if the rooibos taste is far enough in the background or not for this one, and possibly due to the longer than average steep, I think it may be further up front than I normally care for. I got a little over 25g because I was worried I might not get enough (or any) jellybeans in my bag if I went for a smaller one.

The smell on this one is pure awesomeness, and it looks pretty effing amazing too. The taste seems much, much milder and less sickly candy sweet than you might think by sniffing it and seeing the jellybeans. Again, this could be my faulty brain-dead brewing techniques from this evening.

Like just about all of the rooibos teas from DAVIDs that I have tried (and liked), this tastes juicy and I think it would be great to make iced tea with in the summer. I think I might prefer this over Green and Fruity, but it has been a while since I had that last (been saving it for the summer). I think I might still prefer Orange Blossom to this, or it is a close tie, though my beloved Alpine Punch is the clear rooibos winner.

I generally like a lot of tea. I do find I have a preference for flavored over unflavoured, but I do love a good straight tea as well.

Likes are too hard, since there are a lot. Dislikes are easier, so here they are.

Hibiscus. Blech. I can tolerate a little, depending on the brew, like Berry Good from Davids and Ruby Pie from Butiki…but in general, it’s too tart and too strong for me.

Licorice. Anything that remotely resembles licorice is out too, so that includes fennel and anise. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Florals. I’m cool with petals in the tea to make them look pretty, and I’m cool with teas like oolongs having a floral note, but strong florals can give me migraines. Rose and jasmine are the biggest offenders. This is one where it can vary on the blend, as I can handle Teavivre’s Peach Jasmine Dragon Pearl tea because there is very little jasmine actually detectable in it.

Rooibos is hit or miss. I can do some, but not others. I handle green better than red, and honeybush better than rooibos.

Um, I have an extensive wishlist. It is both a list of things I want to get again, and things I want to try. If you are sending me something, and you want to know which is which, I’ll tell you via PM.

My ratings don’t have a particular scale or method, and may on occasion contradict themselves, but I’m honestly not fussed about that. Sometimes I don’t even rate at all.

Uh, guess that’s it.