I went in today specifically to try this, and I ordered it hot, sweetened with milk. It was very comforting hot on this chilly day. It’s true, there is a sort of strange colour to this one. It didn’t make it any less tasty though, and as it was to go, no one saw the colour but me when I took the bag out.

It’s juicy and sweet and a little tart (my guess is the elderberries?) and it was almost like my Tetley Black Currant…my standby for when I’m poor and get can only afford bagged tea from the supermarket. I think this might be a good tea iced, and I am game to try it.

This tea begs to be drunk with a plate of fresh scones and clotted cream. I’m pretty sure I’m going to get more of this once I have a few more sipdowns since I have little room left on my shelf, and 9 teas from Teavivre to get through.

Uniquity

Oh black currant flavoured tea, I love you. A blueberry tea with black currants as well? I can’t wait to try it!

Comments

Uniquity

I generally like a lot of tea. I do find I have a preference for flavored over unflavoured, but I do love a good straight tea as well.

Likes are too hard, since there are a lot. Dislikes are easier, so here they are.

Hibiscus. Blech. I can tolerate a little, depending on the brew, like Berry Good from Davids and Ruby Pie from Butiki…but in general, it’s too tart and too strong for me.

Licorice. Anything that remotely resembles licorice is out too, so that includes fennel and anise. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Florals. I’m cool with petals in the tea to make them look pretty, and I’m cool with teas like oolongs having a floral note, but strong florals can give me migraines. Rose and jasmine are the biggest offenders. This is one where it can vary on the blend, as I can handle Teavivre’s Peach Jasmine Dragon Pearl tea because there is very little jasmine actually detectable in it.

Rooibos is hit or miss. I can do some, but not others. I handle green better than red, and honeybush better than rooibos.

Um, I have an extensive wishlist. It is both a list of things I want to get again, and things I want to try. If you are sending me something, and you want to know which is which, I’ll tell you via PM.

My ratings don’t have a particular scale or method, and may on occasion contradict themselves, but I’m honestly not fussed about that. Sometimes I don’t even rate at all.

Uh, guess that’s it.