TOTD today…had it iced, never looked at the ingredients, but decided to get my tumbler filled with it, just as my tea shopping companions did. It put Cranberry Pear to shame, to put it mildly. I did taste a bit tart, and in the back of my head I assumed it was the strawberry and rhubarb which are naturally tart, but it was wasn’t punch in the face puckering tart like I usually get with hibiscus. But, low and behold, the second ingredient is hibiscus! How is this possible that I like a tea with hibiscus? They must be clever devils back at DT to get this blend so awesome with hibby that isn’t a bully. It is delightfully refreshing and the taste is so well balanced that I might actually consider buying some.

Interestingly enough, I detected something floral in the mix, and I’m not sure if that’s the hibby talking, or something else. I’m wondering about the yogurt drops, because the floral tendencies tend to also be in the creamier aspects as well.

All in all, an interesting tea!

I generally like a lot of tea. I do find I have a preference for flavored over unflavoured, but I do love a good straight tea as well.

Likes are too hard, since there are a lot. Dislikes are easier, so here they are.

Hibiscus. Blech. I can tolerate a little, depending on the brew, like Berry Good from Davids and Ruby Pie from Butiki…but in general, it’s too tart and too strong for me.

Licorice. Anything that remotely resembles licorice is out too, so that includes fennel and anise. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Florals. I’m cool with petals in the tea to make them look pretty, and I’m cool with teas like oolongs having a floral note, but strong florals can give me migraines. Rose and jasmine are the biggest offenders. This is one where it can vary on the blend, as I can handle Teavivre’s Peach Jasmine Dragon Pearl tea because there is very little jasmine actually detectable in it.

Rooibos is hit or miss. I can do some, but not others. I handle green better than red, and honeybush better than rooibos.

Um, I have an extensive wishlist. It is both a list of things I want to get again, and things I want to try. If you are sending me something, and you want to know which is which, I’ll tell you via PM.

My ratings don’t have a particular scale or method, and may on occasion contradict themselves, but I’m honestly not fussed about that. Sometimes I don’t even rate at all.

Uh, guess that’s it.