drank Santa's Secret by DAVIDsTEA

SO…I was at Davids again today, with my friend. She opted for the Merry Cranberry, and since I know I don’t like Sleigh Ride that much, I opted to try Santa’s Secret. I’ve always been a bit leery of mint teas, because I tend to find them either too medicinal, or I find them too cooling and refreshing to drink in winter (except for medicinally). But this tea, as a black base, holds the mint in balance, I think. It feels warming but refreshing, but not in a BRRR sort of way. Maybe the soy milk added then zen-like balance, I dunno.

I think I can say, I actually kinda like this. For a minty tea. I don’t know if I will get this one or not, but I think I might get some while it is available, and it will be a nice alternate to the very warming and comforting teas I have like Chocolate Orange or Alpine Punch, or one of the seasonal chai blends. I think that there could be a place for this on my tea wall.

Kittenna

I generally dislike minty teas but this one worked for me too!

Amariel

Yes, exactly. Something about it is very balanced and everything.

Comments

Kittenna

I generally dislike minty teas but this one worked for me too!

Amariel

Yes, exactly. Something about it is very balanced and everything.

I generally like a lot of tea. I do find I have a preference for flavored over unflavoured, but I do love a good straight tea as well.

Likes are too hard, since there are a lot. Dislikes are easier, so here they are.

Hibiscus. Blech. I can tolerate a little, depending on the brew, like Berry Good from Davids and Ruby Pie from Butiki…but in general, it’s too tart and too strong for me.

Licorice. Anything that remotely resembles licorice is out too, so that includes fennel and anise. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Florals. I’m cool with petals in the tea to make them look pretty, and I’m cool with teas like oolongs having a floral note, but strong florals can give me migraines. Rose and jasmine are the biggest offenders. This is one where it can vary on the blend, as I can handle Teavivre’s Peach Jasmine Dragon Pearl tea because there is very little jasmine actually detectable in it.

Rooibos is hit or miss. I can do some, but not others. I handle green better than red, and honeybush better than rooibos.

Um, I have an extensive wishlist. It is both a list of things I want to get again, and things I want to try. If you are sending me something, and you want to know which is which, I’ll tell you via PM.

My ratings don’t have a particular scale or method, and may on occasion contradict themselves, but I’m honestly not fussed about that. Sometimes I don’t even rate at all.

Uh, guess that’s it.