drank Ceylon Star by DAVIDsTEA

Was a TTG this afternoon, and it was on the house, which was a really nice treat. I got it with soy and agave, and I really found there was not much taste, which I think is partly the soy milk…maybe too much, or maybe I didn’t steep this long enough. I am reserving my rating until I brew myself a cup. I got 6 grams to try at home.

Bear With Me

soy DEFINITELY overpowers it. It’s not an overly strong tea to begin with. I find it’s a very forgiving tea to steep longer than suggested too, as Ceylon doesn’t get bitter as quickly as, say, a darjeeling. Try adding just a couple tablespoons of the soy in the last minute or so of steeping, and it should help round it all out. I personally prefer using almond milk as it’s a bit milder than soy, but the tea lends itself WAY better to cows milk, from what I’ve tried.

Amariel

I’m trying it today at home right now…it is currently steeping. I’m going to do my straight test first, then add sugar and milk (cow) but I will be careful to not add too much. I do think the soy overpowered it.

Comments

Bear With Me

Amariel

I generally like a lot of tea. I do find I have a preference for flavored over unflavoured, but I do love a good straight tea as well.

Likes are too hard, since there are a lot. Dislikes are easier, so here they are.

Hibiscus. Blech. I can tolerate a little, depending on the brew, like Berry Good from Davids and Ruby Pie from Butiki…but in general, it’s too tart and too strong for me.

Licorice. Anything that remotely resembles licorice is out too, so that includes fennel and anise. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Florals. I’m cool with petals in the tea to make them look pretty, and I’m cool with teas like oolongs having a floral note, but strong florals can give me migraines. Rose and jasmine are the biggest offenders. This is one where it can vary on the blend, as I can handle Teavivre’s Peach Jasmine Dragon Pearl tea because there is very little jasmine actually detectable in it.

Rooibos is hit or miss. I can do some, but not others. I handle green better than red, and honeybush better than rooibos.

Um, I have an extensive wishlist. It is both a list of things I want to get again, and things I want to try. If you are sending me something, and you want to know which is which, I’ll tell you via PM.

My ratings don’t have a particular scale or method, and may on occasion contradict themselves, but I’m honestly not fussed about that. Sometimes I don’t even rate at all.

Uh, guess that’s it.