Decided to try something new as my TTG tonight, so I chose this. I’ve smelled this a number of times, but I have always picked something else. This is nice. It’s not a terribly strong or complex flavour, and it does have a bit of a classic kind of feel to it.

I can’t say this is a new favourite tea, but it is tasty alright, and I can see why DT uses it in many of they’re samplers. It’s pretty inoffensive and is something that a person new to tea can easily get behind.

To me, it is a nice vanilla-ish and coconut-y flavour, with the rum as the undertone. I like this way better than Whiskey White. It’s just a nice smooth flavour…nothing too fancy, but that’s ok. I kind of wonder what this would be like mixed with Fantasy Island. Call it Rum Fantasy???

Bear With Me

Funny you mention mixing it with Fantasy Island, I do that all the time and really enjoy it! Both are tasty mixed with Whisky White too, actually.

Amariel

I never liked Whiskey White. But I do like Fantasy Island.

Comments

Bear With Me

Amariel

I never liked Whiskey White. But I do like Fantasy Island.

I generally like a lot of tea. I do find I have a preference for flavored over unflavoured, but I do love a good straight tea as well.

Likes are too hard, since there are a lot. Dislikes are easier, so here they are.

Hibiscus. Blech. I can tolerate a little, depending on the brew, like Berry Good from Davids and Ruby Pie from Butiki…but in general, it’s too tart and too strong for me.

Licorice. Anything that remotely resembles licorice is out too, so that includes fennel and anise. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Florals. I’m cool with petals in the tea to make them look pretty, and I’m cool with teas like oolongs having a floral note, but strong florals can give me migraines. Rose and jasmine are the biggest offenders. This is one where it can vary on the blend, as I can handle Teavivre’s Peach Jasmine Dragon Pearl tea because there is very little jasmine actually detectable in it.

Rooibos is hit or miss. I can do some, but not others. I handle green better than red, and honeybush better than rooibos.

Um, I have an extensive wishlist. It is both a list of things I want to get again, and things I want to try. If you are sending me something, and you want to know which is which, I’ll tell you via PM.

My ratings don’t have a particular scale or method, and may on occasion contradict themselves, but I’m honestly not fussed about that. Sometimes I don’t even rate at all.

Uh, guess that’s it.