drank Prince Vladimir by Kusmi Tea

This was my first tea of 21013. I’m not entirely sure why I chose this one, over one of my Davids teas, as this is not a fave, but it is ok. Perhaps I just wanted a change, and to go through my box from indigobloom more, but perhaps I also chose this for the citrus in it, and the hope that spring is coming soon, now that the new year has begun.

Once again, it is not a remarkable tea. It is mild and not overly tart or citrus or bitter or anything. It is pretty inoffensive, really. Had it with sugar and the last of the milk.

Probably not something I would buy for myself, but it is something I don’t mind drinking.

I appreciate the sample though.

I generally like a lot of tea. I do find I have a preference for flavored over unflavoured, but I do love a good straight tea as well.

Likes are too hard, since there are a lot. Dislikes are easier, so here they are.

Hibiscus. Blech. I can tolerate a little, depending on the brew, like Berry Good from Davids and Ruby Pie from Butiki…but in general, it’s too tart and too strong for me.

Licorice. Anything that remotely resembles licorice is out too, so that includes fennel and anise. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Florals. I’m cool with petals in the tea to make them look pretty, and I’m cool with teas like oolongs having a floral note, but strong florals can give me migraines. Rose and jasmine are the biggest offenders. This is one where it can vary on the blend, as I can handle Teavivre’s Peach Jasmine Dragon Pearl tea because there is very little jasmine actually detectable in it.

Rooibos is hit or miss. I can do some, but not others. I handle green better than red, and honeybush better than rooibos.

Um, I have an extensive wishlist. It is both a list of things I want to get again, and things I want to try. If you are sending me something, and you want to know which is which, I’ll tell you via PM.

My ratings don’t have a particular scale or method, and may on occasion contradict themselves, but I’m honestly not fussed about that. Sometimes I don’t even rate at all.

Uh, guess that’s it.