drank Aloha Pu'erh by DAVIDsTEA

Smells awful (fishy), but doesn’t taste too bad, actually. I will say I had it with milk and sugar as I do with pretty much all blacks and dark oolongs, so this pu erh was no exception. Maybe that is what made it good.

It might just be that this brew was more fruit and less tea…when you have big chunks of fruit in the mix like this, the ratio to tea leaves decreases. Still, I can taste the tropical fruit in this mix. I can’t really taste the chocolate, but I think it helps smooth out the blend.

I can’t say if this is a tea I will refill or not…I only got 10g or so of it, so I might get more to test it more since I think with this bag, I may only have one or two more steeps out of it, though I did get two decent steeps with this first round. I bet this is gonna be good as an iced tea, once it gets warmer.

How does this compare to something like Life Long Oolong of Happy Kombucha? Ihaven’t had either in a while, so it might be worth getting some again to try, but I think they’ll all be pretty similar.

I say that you should ignore the smell, and if it is fishy, give it a quick rinse first. I do feel like this is a nice tropical taste, but the heaviness that gets me through the winter. I do tend to like pu erh teas and I do like this one.

I generally like a lot of tea. I do find I have a preference for flavored over unflavoured, but I do love a good straight tea as well.

Likes are too hard, since there are a lot. Dislikes are easier, so here they are.

Hibiscus. Blech. I can tolerate a little, depending on the brew, like Berry Good from Davids and Ruby Pie from Butiki…but in general, it’s too tart and too strong for me.

Licorice. Anything that remotely resembles licorice is out too, so that includes fennel and anise. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Florals. I’m cool with petals in the tea to make them look pretty, and I’m cool with teas like oolongs having a floral note, but strong florals can give me migraines. Rose and jasmine are the biggest offenders. This is one where it can vary on the blend, as I can handle Teavivre’s Peach Jasmine Dragon Pearl tea because there is very little jasmine actually detectable in it.

Rooibos is hit or miss. I can do some, but not others. I handle green better than red, and honeybush better than rooibos.

Um, I have an extensive wishlist. It is both a list of things I want to get again, and things I want to try. If you are sending me something, and you want to know which is which, I’ll tell you via PM.

My ratings don’t have a particular scale or method, and may on occasion contradict themselves, but I’m honestly not fussed about that. Sometimes I don’t even rate at all.

Uh, guess that’s it.