drank Bear Trap by DAVIDsTEA

So, finally getting a tea from the tea crawl and swap that I got from ShayneBear and I think, Bear Trap had to be the first to try. Also, as I’d had a very good and healthy dinner, I thought that a fruity tea might be a nice compliment, and as I’d had two cups of caffeinated tea today already, this seemed like a clear choice.

It’s very fruity and turns a beautiful shade of reddish pink. On its own, I found it a little too tart, despite not having hibiscus in it. I added a small amount of sugar and that brought the tartness in check. I can see how this will be an amazing tea to ice in the summer time…it’s just so juicy, and there is a bit of a calming feeling with it too.

I’m not generally much of a fruit tea/tisane drinker, usually because of the hibiscus that so many blends have, but I generally tolerate them better iced. There are a few I can handle hot though. I’m not sure where in my repertoire of teas this one fits into…I’d say it is maybe not my favourite as a hot tea…not that it is bad as a hot tea, because it isn’t, but I think I prefer less tart fruit teas/tisanes hot, like Forever Nuts. I could see having a pitcher of this in my fridge in the summer though, with maybe extra fruit in it too…like frozen berries in place of ice. I dunno. I like it, but I think it will fit in my tea life as an iced tea.

Ceylon Star

I cold brew Bear Trap with a bit of straight Mate or Guayusa overnight when I’m at work so I have a really refreshing knock-your-pants-off wake up drink to peel myself out of bed for. ;)

Amariel

Oh, nice! Not a huge fan of either, though I do the odd Mate.

Comments

Ceylon Star

Amariel

Oh, nice! Not a huge fan of either, though I do the odd Mate.

I generally like a lot of tea. I do find I have a preference for flavored over unflavoured, but I do love a good straight tea as well.

Likes are too hard, since there are a lot. Dislikes are easier, so here they are.

Hibiscus. Blech. I can tolerate a little, depending on the brew, like Berry Good from Davids and Ruby Pie from Butiki…but in general, it’s too tart and too strong for me.

Licorice. Anything that remotely resembles licorice is out too, so that includes fennel and anise. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Florals. I’m cool with petals in the tea to make them look pretty, and I’m cool with teas like oolongs having a floral note, but strong florals can give me migraines. Rose and jasmine are the biggest offenders. This is one where it can vary on the blend, as I can handle Teavivre’s Peach Jasmine Dragon Pearl tea because there is very little jasmine actually detectable in it.

Rooibos is hit or miss. I can do some, but not others. I handle green better than red, and honeybush better than rooibos.

Um, I have an extensive wishlist. It is both a list of things I want to get again, and things I want to try. If you are sending me something, and you want to know which is which, I’ll tell you via PM.

My ratings don’t have a particular scale or method, and may on occasion contradict themselves, but I’m honestly not fussed about that. Sometimes I don’t even rate at all.

Uh, guess that’s it.