drank Daydreamer by DAVIDsTEA

Having this one iced! I do feel it is better iced than hot, but it will probably not be replaced regularly. There are plenty of other teas, green or otherwise, that I prefer iced, but there’s always that chance I will have a hunkering for it one day, and it will be the perfect thing.

Cavocorax

Is this the one people say is similar to Kokomo Green?

Amariel

Yes, and it is. Kokomo has more visible fruit, and the fruit is slightly different in nature, but they are tropical either way, and both green bases.

Cavocorax

Cool – good to know. I think daydreamer had more artificial flavouring – maybe that’s why they moved away from it?

Perhaps.

Amariel

I retract my previous statement. They both have fruit, but it must have been lower on the fruit ratio as I am at the end of my sample bag.

DAYDREAMER:

Sencha green tea, mango, safflower, marigold, natural and artificial mangousteen flavoring, artificial guava flavoring*.

KOKOMO GREEN:

Green tea, papaya, mango, pineapple, rose petals, marigold petals, cornflower petals, artificial mango, exotic and passion fruit flavouring*.

Both are $7/50g

Comments

Cavocorax

Is this the one people say is similar to Kokomo Green?

Perhaps.

DAYDREAMER:

KOKOMO GREEN:

Both are $7/50g

I generally like a lot of tea. I do find I have a preference for flavored over unflavoured, but I do love a good straight tea as well.

Likes are too hard, since there are a lot. Dislikes are easier, so here they are.

Hibiscus. Blech. I can tolerate a little, depending on the brew, like Berry Good from Davids and Ruby Pie from Butiki…but in general, it’s too tart and too strong for me.

Licorice. Anything that remotely resembles licorice is out too, so that includes fennel and anise. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Florals. I’m cool with petals in the tea to make them look pretty, and I’m cool with teas like oolongs having a floral note, but strong florals can give me migraines. Rose and jasmine are the biggest offenders. This is one where it can vary on the blend, as I can handle Teavivre’s Peach Jasmine Dragon Pearl tea because there is very little jasmine actually detectable in it.

Rooibos is hit or miss. I can do some, but not others. I handle green better than red, and honeybush better than rooibos.

Um, I have an extensive wishlist. It is both a list of things I want to get again, and things I want to try. If you are sending me something, and you want to know which is which, I’ll tell you via PM.

My ratings don’t have a particular scale or method, and may on occasion contradict themselves, but I’m honestly not fussed about that. Sometimes I don’t even rate at all.

Uh, guess that’s it.