drank Ruby Pie by Butiki Teas

I wanted to dig into this one right away when my goody box from sil came last week, but I thought with the strawberries, maybe I should wait til Canada Day with this one, and so I did. (This decision helped narrow down which tea I wanted to try first, also.)

So, this brewed up a lovely reddish pink colour from the hibiscus, but lucky for me, there is not much hibby in this to be a bully. I am getting a fairly strong black base, with the fruit and pie behind it, though as the tea cools, they come forward more. I’m wondering how this would be iced. Methinks it would rock. Love seeing the strawberries in the dry leaf.

I have one more serving in the sample pouch, though I am going to see if I can get at least one more steep from the leaves I have already used.

I generally like a lot of tea. I do find I have a preference for flavored over unflavoured, but I do love a good straight tea as well.

Likes are too hard, since there are a lot. Dislikes are easier, so here they are.

Hibiscus. Blech. I can tolerate a little, depending on the brew, like Berry Good from Davids and Ruby Pie from Butiki…but in general, it’s too tart and too strong for me.

Licorice. Anything that remotely resembles licorice is out too, so that includes fennel and anise. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Florals. I’m cool with petals in the tea to make them look pretty, and I’m cool with teas like oolongs having a floral note, but strong florals can give me migraines. Rose and jasmine are the biggest offenders. This is one where it can vary on the blend, as I can handle Teavivre’s Peach Jasmine Dragon Pearl tea because there is very little jasmine actually detectable in it.

Rooibos is hit or miss. I can do some, but not others. I handle green better than red, and honeybush better than rooibos.

Um, I have an extensive wishlist. It is both a list of things I want to get again, and things I want to try. If you are sending me something, and you want to know which is which, I’ll tell you via PM.

My ratings don’t have a particular scale or method, and may on occasion contradict themselves, but I’m honestly not fussed about that. Sometimes I don’t even rate at all.

Uh, guess that’s it.