Sipdown!! Another sample from sil in my tummy! Ok, well this one is in process of being in my tummy. ;)

It seems that caramel and chocolate make very good companions to pu erh teas. The flavours really stand up to and enhance the rich deep pu erh tones. I don’t really know what difference between toffee and caramel is, except that maybe toffee is more buttery? I dunno.

Just like yesterday, I feel the need to have a caramel or toffee black tea in my permanent collection now, but I don’t know if this is it. I want to look around locally first, before venturing out to thr Internet.

This is pretty good, and pretty close to David’s Coffee Pu Erh (minus the coffee).

I generally like a lot of tea. I do find I have a preference for flavored over unflavoured, but I do love a good straight tea as well.

Likes are too hard, since there are a lot. Dislikes are easier, so here they are.

Hibiscus. Blech. I can tolerate a little, depending on the brew, like Berry Good from Davids and Ruby Pie from Butiki…but in general, it’s too tart and too strong for me.

Licorice. Anything that remotely resembles licorice is out too, so that includes fennel and anise. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Florals. I’m cool with petals in the tea to make them look pretty, and I’m cool with teas like oolongs having a floral note, but strong florals can give me migraines. Rose and jasmine are the biggest offenders. This is one where it can vary on the blend, as I can handle Teavivre’s Peach Jasmine Dragon Pearl tea because there is very little jasmine actually detectable in it.

Rooibos is hit or miss. I can do some, but not others. I handle green better than red, and honeybush better than rooibos.

Um, I have an extensive wishlist. It is both a list of things I want to get again, and things I want to try. If you are sending me something, and you want to know which is which, I’ll tell you via PM.

My ratings don’t have a particular scale or method, and may on occasion contradict themselves, but I’m honestly not fussed about that. Sometimes I don’t even rate at all.

Uh, guess that’s it.