drank Indian Spice by Harney & Sons

Pain.
Not physical, but that heart gripping breathless kind.
I try to keep Steepster as a happy place and normally do not want bring any one down with my petty problems, but this is also a place for tea and comfort.
And sometimes we need to speak of our problems while wiping away a tear with dear ones over a tea cup.
(skip down to the bold lettering for just the tea review)
I have a little sister.
She is my little sister, no matter that she came to us through adoption.
My parents have 2 daughters, not a natural born and adopted daughter.
She came to us when she was 4 and had already been through 11 foster homes in the two years she was in the system.
She is twenty now, and a college student and very smart and doing well in school.
Just yesterday, she sent us all a letter, saying that it does not benefit her to be a part of our family anymore.
She wishes that we had never adopted her.
She wants to make lots of money and be successful and she is ashamed that she came from a farm in Idaho, thus, she wishes she could tell people she never even had a home.
My parents were not rich, but my Father always worked hard and none of us kids ever went without.
My parents are honest people that instilled morals,and taught us to be kind to all people and animals. They were never cruel or antagonizing to us girls.
I weep. for them. for me. and for her.
I do not understand.
I needed comfort.
Enter this tea
I did not sleep well last night and my stomach was upset.
This tea had just arrived yesterday from a friend for Christmas (she told me to open it when it arrived and not to wait for Christmas:) she gave me the whole Chai gift set from H&S.
I prepared it with the exact instructions that were in the gift box, water and milk and the included sugar cubes.
Its warm, its softly spicy, its soothing.
Its not the best Chai I have ever had, but its tasty and it hits the spot this morning.
In fact, I think I go make some more.
Thank you for letting me speak of my recent heart struggles, dear friends.
(any advice on how to go forward from this is also appreciated:)

gmathis

Hang on to Luke 15 with teeth and toenails; some precious stories to give you a little hope for your prodigal. Stopping right now to pray for your family.

Hesper June

Thank you, Gmathis. You are right, those are good words to read. I will go do that now.

Azzrian

She seems to be going through something monumental. I have a feeling whatever is going on is more about her than about all of you. Not that it makes it feel any better. Give her time, love her unconditionally as you do. She will find her way through this and realize the gifts she was given. There may be some cultural issues at hand, perhaps she is being influenced by someone a so called “friend” at college, or perhaps something she has recently learned in a class or even mental / emotional problems resounding from feeling disconnected now that she is in a large pool of people from all walks of life. This is a tender and delicate age, as well as being in college, many people at this point in their lives have identity problems. Be strong, pray, love will carry you through. xo

K S

So sorry. Sharing your pain. Praying for peace and healing.

Ninavampi

I am sorry you have to go through this… I am sure she is very confused and trying to fit in, which is never easy… She has made a terrible decision to be so hurtful and seems to not have though it through. Your parents sound amazing! You have all of our support and if you need anything we can help out with, just let us know!

ssajami

How hertbreaking! I wish I had some wonderful words of wisdom to share, but I am at a complete loss for words. Sometimes it seems impossible to understand why people do the hurtful things that they do. It seems that she doesn’t understand that family is more important, and more lasting, than anything else and that is so sad. Be strong, and hold your family close. And as Ninavampi said, we are all here for you. Steepster is a happy place – and a place of friends.

Alphakitty

I am so sorry, what a heartbreaking thing to happen, especially around the holidays. I agree with everyone else, it seems that perhaps this is an odd phase of rebellion/finding herself and hopefully she will come back to you. What an awful thing to do, I hope you can find some peace through all of this.

SimplyJenW

Hugs. Very heartbreaking, but I think she will eventually come back around. There is so much searching for your own identity at that age. Sometimes we have to separate from the ones we love most just to find out who we really are.

ashmanra

So sorry for your pain! Praying for all of you!

fleurdelily

did she ever get counselling for her trauma? the people who abandoned her are not around to receive her anger. Unfortunately, those who are around, and love her, are receiving her anger and hurt about her abandonment. Perhapse counselling now?

Hesper June

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement!
I greatly appreciate your advice,thoughts and prayers.
I know that through love, patience,understanding and time we will all get through this.

Hesper June

Fleurdelily, Thank you for your words and book recommendation.
I think I will order that book and give it a read.
I do deeply hurt for whatever pain that my sister is going through, and my parents and I only want to be able to help her.
It obviously did feel as though the rug was pulled out from under us, but now that the initial shock has worn away, we realize that this most likely is not directed at us, as you said.
She did indeed receive counseling for a good part of her youth and young adulthood.
As she is adult now, we obviously can only kindly encourage her to seek help in that regard, since that is obviously something of her choosing.
Thank you so much for insight in this matter.

Fjellrev

Oh no, I am so incredibly sorry for hear this.

Comments

gmathis

Azzrian

K S

So sorry. Sharing your pain. Praying for peace and healing.

Ninavampi

ssajami

Alphakitty

SimplyJenW

ashmanra

So sorry for your pain! Praying for all of you!

fleurdelily

Hesper June

Thank you all for your kind words and encouragement!
I greatly appreciate your advice,thoughts and prayers.

Hesper June

Fleurdelily, Thank you for your words and book recommendation.
I think I will order that book and give it a read.
Thank you so much for insight in this matter.

Fjellrev

Oh no, I am so incredibly sorry for hear this.

A Farmer’s Wife who drinks her tea to forget the din of the world.
Love all tea, from black to herbal concoctions.
Usually start my day with black tea and then move on to Oolong or Green in the afternoon, then finish the day with a tisane.
Loose Leaf teas are my preference, I say “Free the Leaves!” :)
When I am not drinking tea, I enjoy knitting, baking, reading, playing with one of our rescue animals or working along side my husband on our farm.

My rating system is rather relaxed:
50’s or under- Um, is this tea or did I get this from the slop bucket?
60’s- Not really my thing, certainly will not be purchasing again.
70’s- I will give this tea a few more tries to see if it grows on me , right now it is okay but not thrilling me.
80’s- Like this tea a lot. It might be a tea that I have to be in a certain mood for and therefore not a daily drinker, but try to have on hand for those “moods”
90’s and higher- ADORE! Will never be without!

I most always drink my tea plain.
No sweeteners or milk/cream.

Idaho