drank Florence by Harney & Sons

I ordered the sample size of this since I am in the search for a good chocolate tea to drink in the evening in lieu of eating handfuls of dark chocolate peanut m&ms.

I loved the smell when I opened the bag. I could easily smell both the chocolate and the hazelnut. It reminds me a bit of Nutella, which is not a bad thing.

I used 1 teaspoon of tea leaves and steeped for approximately 5 minutes. I cheated a bit and opened the lid to smell it while steeping and I could now clearly smell tea. The chocolate and hazelnut were still there, but faintly.

The tea is pleasant, very reminiscent of Nutella. I think 1 teaspoon is a bit weak; I can barely taste tea, forget about chocolate and hazelnut. I added a splash of milk, as I always do to my black teas and a dash of sugar. I don’t like the added sugar. I will have to use more leaves on the next brewing, but this has potential.

I don’t know a whole lot about tea, but want to explore it more and remember the journey!

I am a 30-something year old wife and stay-at-home-mother of one. When I have time to myself I enjoy tv, classical music, reading, knitting, and math puzzles. But mostly I spend my time playing play doh and dollhouse, coloring, and creating with Legos.

I’m trying to figure out the best system for rating each tea. Unfortunately it’s not easy to pick out an exact number on my iPad (which is what I use most frequently), so my ratings must be in a range.

0-20: This was terrible, my husband can drink the rest.
21-45: This tea was drinkable.
46-70: I enjoyed this but not enough to purchase again.
71-99: I enjoyed this and would buy it again.
100: One of my favorites; it will always be in my cupboard.

Long Island, NY, USA