drank Chocolate Orange by DAVIDsTEA

After my first pu-erh, I decided to try a somewhat different aspect of the tea.

This is the second sample I’ve tried out of the ones sent to me by Bonnie. The dry leaf smells somewhat earthy with a nice pop of sweetness.

I took a few sips and decided to add a little bit of stevia to sweeten it up a bit. Very good! I can taste more orange and the chocolate adds sort of a creaminess that makes the tea nice and rich! The earthiness of the pu-erh adds a nice contrast to the sweetness.

Very good, thank you again Bonnie! I heard that this tea was being added to the permanent collection but I can’t find it anywhere…. If anyone has any info, please tell me, because I would LOVE to have this tea in my cupboard!

Bonnie

It’s not there yet Ian…I keep checking too. I’m almost out. Try adding some milk or cream next time. This is really good as a latte good and strong (anyway that’s how I like it…kinda like a starbucks latte only tea) and sweet. I let this go 4-5 minutes without any bitterness.

This is one of my favs as a latte for sure!!! And good to resteep as well

Lothian

It’s being re-introduced to all stores in the permanent collection as Chocolate Orange. It’s stocked at my DAVIDsTEA, so hopefully yours will have it soon!

Ian

I don’t live in Canada :( Do you know if they’re going to put it back online?

tigress_al

The girl at the store a couple of weeks ago told me that it would be back in stores and online by the end of Feb. so I hope she is right!

Me too!

Comments

Bonnie

This is one of my favs as a latte for sure!!! And good to resteep as well

Lothian

Ian

I don’t live in Canada :( Do you know if they’re going to put it back online?

Me too!

Hello!

I’m Ian and I’m a 15 year old student who lives in Vermont. I started (heavily) drinking tea in Late 2010 and have been obsessed ever since!

I tend to drink more black and herbal teas, though I do enjoy oolong, green, and white, and I’m exploring other facets of the tea world (I’m still trying with pu-erh!)

I tend to lean towards sweeter and fruity flavors in my teas, and I’m not a big fan of smoky flavored teas, or anything that’s VERY bold.

I also enjoy a cup of coffee every once and a while, though it does mess with my stomach sometimes so I don’t drink it as often as I drink tea.

In addition to tea drinking, I’m also really interested in:
Classical music (I’ve been playing clarinet for 5 years now and it’s my favorite thing to do), independent arts/music, education on environmental sustainability, reading, Fair Trade and safe-trade practices, Cognitive science, art history, and a lot more.

I’m open to swaps, but I don’t have a very wide collection. Regardless, if I review a tea and you would like a sample, feel free to message me and we can work something out! If you would like to just try something without a swap, feel free to ask too! I know that I personally don’t have a lot of teas to swap and if you’re in the same position as me just feel free to ask for a sample and I’ll send you some, no strings attached!

I run a blog on TeaTrade which you can find here: http://serendipitea.teatra.de/. The goal of my blog is to better connect tea with the arts and go beyond just the taste aspect of tea. Enjoy!

Vermont