drank Good Morning Mate by Fusion Teas

Second sample from my big box of samples from LiberTEAS

I knew I was gonna need some caffeine today, so I decided to brew up some mate. When I saw this one in there I decided to brew it up.

It’s very good! I haven’t had a LOT of mates, so I don’t really have a whole lot to compare it to, but this is pretty tasty! The toasty-ness of the mate really pairs nice with the richness of the chocolate and the sweetness of the coconut. I can get a little hint of cinnamon, but it’s kind of hidden in there. Overall, a very nice mate!

EDIT: I was able to get two EQUALLY TASTY steeps from this batch of leaves, so I’m upping the rating! (second steep used boiling water for 10 minutes)

Hello!

I’m Ian and I’m a 15 year old student who lives in Vermont. I started (heavily) drinking tea in Late 2010 and have been obsessed ever since!

I tend to drink more black and herbal teas, though I do enjoy oolong, green, and white, and I’m exploring other facets of the tea world (I’m still trying with pu-erh!)

I tend to lean towards sweeter and fruity flavors in my teas, and I’m not a big fan of smoky flavored teas, or anything that’s VERY bold.

I also enjoy a cup of coffee every once and a while, though it does mess with my stomach sometimes so I don’t drink it as often as I drink tea.

In addition to tea drinking, I’m also really interested in:
Classical music (I’ve been playing clarinet for 5 years now and it’s my favorite thing to do), independent arts/music, education on environmental sustainability, reading, Fair Trade and safe-trade practices, Cognitive science, art history, and a lot more.

I’m open to swaps, but I don’t have a very wide collection. Regardless, if I review a tea and you would like a sample, feel free to message me and we can work something out! If you would like to just try something without a swap, feel free to ask too! I know that I personally don’t have a lot of teas to swap and if you’re in the same position as me just feel free to ask for a sample and I’ll send you some, no strings attached!

I run a blog on TeaTrade which you can find here: http://serendipitea.teatra.de/. The goal of my blog is to better connect tea with the arts and go beyond just the taste aspect of tea. Enjoy!

Vermont