Backlog from last night.

I really like this Bai Mu Dan. It’s verrrrry light (although all white teas typically are). The leaves were pretty green but once brewed it was obvious that this was a white tea. The scent was very fresh-slightly vegetal with a floral hint somewhere in there.

The taste was phenomenal. I was in the mood for a light tea and this definitely satisfied that desire. The word that I instantly thought of when I tasted it was fresh-it was very spring-esque, and it definitely invoked the feeling of being in a field in early April (that sounds cheesy but that’s what I thought of). It started of a little grassy and vegetal (almost nutty) and then at the swallow a lovely floral note came out.

Very good!

I’m Ian and I’m a 15 year old student who lives in Vermont. I started (heavily) drinking tea in Late 2010 and have been obsessed ever since!

I tend to drink more black and herbal teas, though I do enjoy oolong, green, and white, and I’m exploring other facets of the tea world (I’m still trying with pu-erh!)

I tend to lean towards sweeter and fruity flavors in my teas, and I’m not a big fan of smoky flavored teas, or anything that’s VERY bold.

I also enjoy a cup of coffee every once and a while, though it does mess with my stomach sometimes so I don’t drink it as often as I drink tea.

In addition to tea drinking, I’m also really interested in:
Classical music (I’ve been playing clarinet for 5 years now and it’s my favorite thing to do), independent arts/music, education on environmental sustainability, reading, Fair Trade and safe-trade practices, Cognitive science, art history, and a lot more.

I’m open to swaps, but I don’t have a very wide collection. Regardless, if I review a tea and you would like a sample, feel free to message me and we can work something out! If you would like to just try something without a swap, feel free to ask too! I know that I personally don’t have a lot of teas to swap and if you’re in the same position as me just feel free to ask for a sample and I’ll send you some, no strings attached!

I run a blog on TeaTrade which you can find here: http://serendipitea.teatra.de/. The goal of my blog is to better connect tea with the arts and go beyond just the taste aspect of tea. Enjoy!