drank Coffee Pu'erh by DAVIDsTEA

In an attempt to finish (or at least try) all of the 4872876548 samples that I have, I decided that I would make a goal to finish all of the ones that the wonderful Bonnie sent me forever and a half ago (thanks again, Bonnie!).

I decided that since it’s still early (well, early-ish), I decided to pick this first out of my remaining selection as it’s coffee and it fits the theme. I did a quick (15 seconds?) rinse of this to get rid of the the fishy smell and then I brewed at 200 degrees for 5 minutes. This is good! I wouldn’t say I like it as much as the chocolate orange pu-erh, but I like this one a lot! It has a nice and smooth coffee flavor (like when you get iced coffee and it tastes like coffee but without the harsh bitter edge to it) and it also has a nice caramel flavor to it. This is good! Actually, the more I drink it, the more I like it! This will definitely be going in the basket with my next DAVIDsTEA purchase! I plan on steeping this one again and making a latte (as par Bonnie’s directions). I think that will be heaven on earth!

Thanks again Bonnie!

Bonnie

Good job!

Comments

Bonnie

Good job!

Hello!

I’m Ian and I’m a 15 year old student who lives in Vermont. I started (heavily) drinking tea in Late 2010 and have been obsessed ever since!

I tend to drink more black and herbal teas, though I do enjoy oolong, green, and white, and I’m exploring other facets of the tea world (I’m still trying with pu-erh!)

I tend to lean towards sweeter and fruity flavors in my teas, and I’m not a big fan of smoky flavored teas, or anything that’s VERY bold.

I also enjoy a cup of coffee every once and a while, though it does mess with my stomach sometimes so I don’t drink it as often as I drink tea.

In addition to tea drinking, I’m also really interested in:
Classical music (I’ve been playing clarinet for 5 years now and it’s my favorite thing to do), independent arts/music, education on environmental sustainability, reading, Fair Trade and safe-trade practices, Cognitive science, art history, and a lot more.

I’m open to swaps, but I don’t have a very wide collection. Regardless, if I review a tea and you would like a sample, feel free to message me and we can work something out! If you would like to just try something without a swap, feel free to ask too! I know that I personally don’t have a lot of teas to swap and if you’re in the same position as me just feel free to ask for a sample and I’ll send you some, no strings attached!

I run a blog on TeaTrade which you can find here: http://serendipitea.teatra.de/. The goal of my blog is to better connect tea with the arts and go beyond just the taste aspect of tea. Enjoy!

Vermont