drank Organic Honey Bush by The Tea Smith

SPOILER ALERT FOR THE STEEPSTER SELECT BOX READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

After finishing that last tea I thought, “What the heck! Let’s try another!” I’m saving the guayusa for tomorrow morning (getting up at 5:45 five times a week really kicks your butt) so I decided to make this.

I’m going to maybe be the first to actually come out and say it (or at least the first that I’ve met here on Steepster): I Like Honeybush A Lot
I don’t think it tastes like honey like you would think, but I actually really do like the taste.

This is no exception to that! It’s pretty much just a generic honeybush. There’s a nice…… “dampness?!?!?!” to it and it has a good woody flavor, with a nice and natural sweet flavor that remains in your mouth. This is very nice and a good late night tea!

Bonnie

Honey, you can like whatever you want! Give yourself permission! If you think that you have to be a tea snob…then stop drinking tea and start drinking red bull! I didn’t like wine snobs at the winery, and food snobs are boring, and tea snobs are boring. I used to get so irritated at people talking down to me about computers because I didn’t LOOK like an engineer!!! ERH! (till I fixed theirs…ha!)
Anyway! DRINK WHAT YOU LIKE…this is a quote from the winemaker at Mondavi who also drinks GALLO! Drink Honeybush! Drink Lipton! (love u Ian!)

Azzrian

I read it and have not tried it yet but I don’t think you divulged too much info so thats good :) I think a straight honeybush is a good thing since I have yet to try just plain ol honeybush and we all need to know the base of a tea right!? :)

Ian

@Bonnie: Thanks so much Bonnie! You’re very good at putting a smile on my face!

@Azzrian: I’m glad that there weren’t too many spoilers! I put the notice there just in case because I know first hand how exciting it is to try a new tea and I didn’t want anybody to lose that excitement! I do agree that trying the bases of flavored teas is really important! I happen to like honeybush plain and flavored though most people like it flavored.

Comments

Bonnie

Azzrian

Ian

@Bonnie: Thanks so much Bonnie! You’re very good at putting a smile on my face!

Hello!

I’m Ian and I’m a 15 year old student who lives in Vermont. I started (heavily) drinking tea in Late 2010 and have been obsessed ever since!

I tend to drink more black and herbal teas, though I do enjoy oolong, green, and white, and I’m exploring other facets of the tea world (I’m still trying with pu-erh!)

I tend to lean towards sweeter and fruity flavors in my teas, and I’m not a big fan of smoky flavored teas, or anything that’s VERY bold.

I also enjoy a cup of coffee every once and a while, though it does mess with my stomach sometimes so I don’t drink it as often as I drink tea.

In addition to tea drinking, I’m also really interested in:
Classical music (I’ve been playing clarinet for 5 years now and it’s my favorite thing to do), independent arts/music, education on environmental sustainability, reading, Fair Trade and safe-trade practices, Cognitive science, art history, and a lot more.

I’m open to swaps, but I don’t have a very wide collection. Regardless, if I review a tea and you would like a sample, feel free to message me and we can work something out! If you would like to just try something without a swap, feel free to ask too! I know that I personally don’t have a lot of teas to swap and if you’re in the same position as me just feel free to ask for a sample and I’ll send you some, no strings attached!

I run a blog on TeaTrade which you can find here: http://serendipitea.teatra.de/. The goal of my blog is to better connect tea with the arts and go beyond just the taste aspect of tea. Enjoy!

Vermont