Opened this up earlier today and was immediately impressed by its aroma. It’s a deep, jade powder that smells strongly of freshly ground-up raw tea leaves. Compared to the other powdered sencha I’ve tried (Den’s Organic), this one seems like a more full-bodied and potently vegetal brew — two chashaku was more than enough for my tall glass of ice tea.

To me, O-Cha’s Powdered Sencha tastes more like finely ground raw tea leaves than a dry tea powder (if that makes any sense), so I’m going to try brewing/blending it a couple different ways before I make my final verdict. It’s an outstanding value for the amount of raw leaf you’re getting (¥980 for 100g), but I might opt for the organic solution next time.

Tea lover since birth; recent convert to Japanese greens, Taiwanese Oolongs, and Chinese Puerh (and everything in-between).

Loves obscure vinyl, dark humor, technology, and most nerdy things. If you have similar tastes or enjoy a post, feel free to comment/message. Open to trades; particularly puerh!

CA