So. Low on the malty, but high on the tasty. Once I added a wallop of agave that is. and got over the fact that I let it steep for about 8 min, because stopping in the middle of a busy street to fish out a soggy tea bag is all kinds of awkward…
I was so jittery by the time my cup was empty, it lasted me all day. In fact, I can still feel it now.
But atleast it was better than the last time I tried this. Super satisfying in that amazing tea-high sorta way.
I am a little worried though. I read an article today, and saw a comment the other day (on one of my posts, but for some reason I can’t access the link that will show me the review so I can give the person credit! my apologies to whoever is owed!!) that made me think that maybe it’s not just me noticing the lack of maltiness in new Assam batches. Apparently there is a serious supply issue going on and the market seems to be readjusting. If it means a higher quality of life for those working the tea gardens, then I am all for it. I just wish it would happen sooner than later. For their sake, and ok a teeny bit mine as well!
Anyhow, here is a link to the article:

Daniel Scott

Weird coincidence, I had this one this morning, too. And normally the caffeine affects me not a whit, but it actually did make me jittery for a couple of hours! I was quite surprised.

Indigobloom

huh, maybe this batch was particularly high on caffeine for some reason. I had the Dimbula from Teaopia this morning and didn’t get any particular high at all.

Comments

Daniel Scott

Indigobloom

Let’s see… I’m a tea and workout fanatic, I work in HR, and most of my friends consider me to be an egg. White on the outside, Asian on the inside :)
-from philosophy to food, I love it all
Otherwise, what you see is what you get! I can be very straightforward and yet shy.

Also, I’ve started taking tea sommelier classes and it is an absolute blast! Well, so far I’ve only finished the first out of eight courses, but I am really looking forward to the next one.

Anyhow, if your curious as to how I rate things, this is how I work…

0-25
Like eating dirt, or some other unsanitary indelicacy that mentioning in my profile here would likely get me banned.
I don’t think I’ve found cause to banish a tea to the wasteland yet though so who knows what it’d inspire ;P

25-50
You know that expression “Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater”? I imagine drinking that water would be terrible enough to warrant this rating!
I’d never make my enemy drink this, but perhaps I’d throw it at them. Good thing I don’t have any enemies!

50-70
This is “tea”?? I tried finishing the cup… but my body rejected it. There may be others who enjoy this tea, but it’s beyond me!

70-80
I tried liking it, and I can almost get there! I certainly don’t hate it, but something is holding me back. Allergies? Men in white suits? who knows… certainly not me!

80-90
Lovely tea! Not my all time fave but close. I likely wouldn’t repurchase, but may decide to based on many factors: price, accessibility, whether it fills a “tea gap”, medicinal applications, and how often I crave it.
Every once in awhile I find the sweet spot that bumps these up to 90+. Those are the days I need to buy a lotto ticket!

90-95
Sweet Camellia! this is realllly good tea! Don’t talk to me until I’ve finished my cup…

95-100
Tea of the gods. I would do anything to get my hands on more of this liquid gold!

Toronto (Mississauga, but I work in TO)