Oh wow, pistachio icecream!!! YUMMY!!!!!
Thank you to Bonnie for sharing some with me!
Now this is a white tea I can enjoy. It tastes just like pistachio icecream, it’s spot on! I even get the creaminess. and nuts, I definitely get alot of nutty cream. Mmmmm.
Now, I am not the biggest fan of pistachio icecream, but I wanted so badly to try this one because all the reviews are so enticing. And you know what… this is actually perfect. Since I don’t really like the real dairy version, and I’m not supposed to have it anyhow… well, this is just as good! so no calories or dairy, and all the flavour! ha!
My only wish is that more of the white tea came through. It’s all but hidden.
So off I go to make my third infusion!
EDIT: third steep is amaaaaaaazing. So delicate and nutty!! boosting the rating a few points.
Thanks again Bonnie, you rock!!!

Bonnie

It’s on sale I think it was $3.50 for 1oz.

Indigobloom

oh that’s a great price!!
thx for the heads up :D

Comments

Bonnie

It’s on sale I think it was $3.50 for 1oz.

Indigobloom

oh that’s a great price!!
thx for the heads up :D

Let’s see… I’m a tea and workout fanatic, I work in HR, and most of my friends consider me to be an egg. White on the outside, Asian on the inside :)
-from philosophy to food, I love it all
Otherwise, what you see is what you get! I can be very straightforward and yet shy.

Also, I’ve started taking tea sommelier classes and it is an absolute blast! Well, so far I’ve only finished the first out of eight courses, but I am really looking forward to the next one.

Anyhow, if your curious as to how I rate things, this is how I work…

0-25
Like eating dirt, or some other unsanitary indelicacy that mentioning in my profile here would likely get me banned.
I don’t think I’ve found cause to banish a tea to the wasteland yet though so who knows what it’d inspire ;P

25-50
You know that expression “Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater”? I imagine drinking that water would be terrible enough to warrant this rating!
I’d never make my enemy drink this, but perhaps I’d throw it at them. Good thing I don’t have any enemies!

50-70
This is “tea”?? I tried finishing the cup… but my body rejected it. There may be others who enjoy this tea, but it’s beyond me!

70-80
I tried liking it, and I can almost get there! I certainly don’t hate it, but something is holding me back. Allergies? Men in white suits? who knows… certainly not me!

80-90
Lovely tea! Not my all time fave but close. I likely wouldn’t repurchase, but may decide to based on many factors: price, accessibility, whether it fills a “tea gap”, medicinal applications, and how often I crave it.
Every once in awhile I find the sweet spot that bumps these up to 90+. Those are the days I need to buy a lotto ticket!

90-95
Sweet Camellia! this is realllly good tea! Don’t talk to me until I’ve finished my cup…

95-100
Tea of the gods. I would do anything to get my hands on more of this liquid gold!

Toronto (Mississauga, but I work in TO)