drank Mayan Chocolate Chai by 52teas

Chocolaaaate!!! (picture me saying braaaaains, but chocolate instead)
YUM! Thanks for the sample Kristaleyn, it was just what I needed yesterday! uhh, yes this is a backlog, the page wouldn’t load yesterday. Hmph.
Anyhow, I love how this looks like chocolate when dry, and then steeped? I definitely get some “tea”-ness. But… It was much lighter than I expected, a little thin for my liking.
Then I added some milk and agave. WELL. That brought it to a very tasty place!
Separating the cocoa and malty notes was a little confusing as the transition between them was seamless. I could barely tell where one ended and the other began!
Oh, and the spicy note? perfect! not too much, it was just the right amount of kick.
This will be on my list to order one day for sure!!

Dylan Oxford

I really liked this one… plus it’s a spicy tea that does it for both Missy and me :)

Indigobloom

nice! it’s a very versatile option. I thought it would be similar to David’s Chocolate Chili Chai but somehow I find the profile really different.

Kittenna

Lighter than you expected?! Haha, perhaps I steep mine longer or use more tea. I gave you the remainder of my sample from Azzrian as that’s all I had left (now of course I have two whole packets). I also add milk and agave – it’s ok without, but so much better with. So delicious :D

Indigobloom

I think I didn’t add enough “leaf”… I still have half a tsp left! but it was still soooo good!!!

Kittenna

Oh, that’s possible. I didn’t measure out what I gave you, so there easily could have been less than two cups worth. I’ve been tending to use 1.5tsp per cup like I do with everything, and I steep for 3 minutes, and it’s pretty good. I can always bring you some more later :)

Comments

Dylan Oxford

Kittenna

Let’s see… I’m a tea and workout fanatic, I work in HR, and most of my friends consider me to be an egg. White on the outside, Asian on the inside :)
-from philosophy to food, I love it all
Otherwise, what you see is what you get! I can be very straightforward and yet shy.

Also, I’ve started taking tea sommelier classes and it is an absolute blast! Well, so far I’ve only finished the first out of eight courses, but I am really looking forward to the next one.

Anyhow, if your curious as to how I rate things, this is how I work…

0-25
Like eating dirt, or some other unsanitary indelicacy that mentioning in my profile here would likely get me banned.
I don’t think I’ve found cause to banish a tea to the wasteland yet though so who knows what it’d inspire ;P

25-50
You know that expression “Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater”? I imagine drinking that water would be terrible enough to warrant this rating!
I’d never make my enemy drink this, but perhaps I’d throw it at them. Good thing I don’t have any enemies!

50-70
This is “tea”?? I tried finishing the cup… but my body rejected it. There may be others who enjoy this tea, but it’s beyond me!

70-80
I tried liking it, and I can almost get there! I certainly don’t hate it, but something is holding me back. Allergies? Men in white suits? who knows… certainly not me!

80-90
Lovely tea! Not my all time fave but close. I likely wouldn’t repurchase, but may decide to based on many factors: price, accessibility, whether it fills a “tea gap”, medicinal applications, and how often I crave it.
Every once in awhile I find the sweet spot that bumps these up to 90+. Those are the days I need to buy a lotto ticket!

90-95
Sweet Camellia! this is realllly good tea! Don’t talk to me until I’ve finished my cup…

95-100
Tea of the gods. I would do anything to get my hands on more of this liquid gold!

Toronto (Mississauga, but I work in TO)