Oh wow. Wow! a different group of spices musta gotten into my mug today because this is a very different chai! perhaps some extra burdock?
there is something in here… that makes it malty and sweet and yummy! not as spicy of course. Burdock, or whatever it is, must have displaced the spice somewhat. Cinnamon and cardamom are in the background, and aftertaste.
Oh and because it tasted so unique I decided to try it with milk again and swoons it is deeeelish! Thanks again, so much for sending me such a generous sample of this chameleon blend Bonnie!!
Rating: 92

Indigobloom

awww sorry to hear that! I hope you get to have some soon :)

Bonnie

Wow, that took awhile to get to. You must have a lot of tea and your having to move unearthed it! It does have a unique blend including burdock. Funny, I was going to ice some today.

Indigobloom

this is the second time I’ve made this. Each time was very good! somehow it got tucked away in a corner… I looked and looked for it, finally found it!! moving has it’s advantages I suppose :)

I ordered this on Sunday and can’t wait to try it :D

Indigobloom

ooh, good for you, it’s very good!! and this is coming from a PICKY chai girl :)

Helena

well it’s my first time ordering from Verdant so I bought the phoenix chai, laoshan black and imperial breakfast :D I’m very excited :D

as you should be!! I’m a little jealous :P

ashmanra

Ooo. Helena, that Imperial Breakfast is really special! You will like that one a lot!

sips on old tea and sigh
I cannot justify getting more… agh!! lol

I dug into my vacation fund :D

ahhh. Well, to be fair… tea IS a vacation :P

Comments

Indigobloom

awww sorry to hear that! I hope you get to have some soon :)

Bonnie

I ordered this on Sunday and can’t wait to try it :D

as you should be!! I’m a little jealous :P

ashmanra

sips on old tea and sigh
I cannot justify getting more… agh!! lol

I dug into my vacation fund :D

ahhh. Well, to be fair… tea IS a vacation :P

Let’s see… I’m a tea and workout fanatic, I work in HR, and most of my friends consider me to be an egg. White on the outside, Asian on the inside :)
-from philosophy to food, I love it all
Otherwise, what you see is what you get! I can be very straightforward and yet shy.

Also, I’ve started taking tea sommelier classes and it is an absolute blast! Well, so far I’ve only finished the first out of eight courses, but I am really looking forward to the next one.

Anyhow, if your curious as to how I rate things, this is how I work…

0-25
Like eating dirt, or some other unsanitary indelicacy that mentioning in my profile here would likely get me banned.
I don’t think I’ve found cause to banish a tea to the wasteland yet though so who knows what it’d inspire ;P

25-50
You know that expression “Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater”? I imagine drinking that water would be terrible enough to warrant this rating!
I’d never make my enemy drink this, but perhaps I’d throw it at them. Good thing I don’t have any enemies!

50-70
This is “tea”?? I tried finishing the cup… but my body rejected it. There may be others who enjoy this tea, but it’s beyond me!

70-80
I tried liking it, and I can almost get there! I certainly don’t hate it, but something is holding me back. Allergies? Men in white suits? who knows… certainly not me!

80-90
Lovely tea! Not my all time fave but close. I likely wouldn’t repurchase, but may decide to based on many factors: price, accessibility, whether it fills a “tea gap”, medicinal applications, and how often I crave it.
Every once in awhile I find the sweet spot that bumps these up to 90+. Those are the days I need to buy a lotto ticket!

90-95
Sweet Camellia! this is realllly good tea! Don’t talk to me until I’ve finished my cup…

95-100
Tea of the gods. I would do anything to get my hands on more of this liquid gold!

Toronto (Mississauga, but I work in TO)