Thank you for the sample Kittena! I’ve been curious about this blend for a long time so am really glad to have tried it.
However… this is not the tea for me. I got very little currant flavour in the first steep, but the base was nice but unlike most whites I’ve had it was a bit thick and deeper than what I am accustomed to. Not bad, but different. Some agave helped bring out the black currant though, which was nice. So… that first cup, I’d have given a 78. Pleasant but not what I normally go for.
The second infusion however, was what threw me off. The currant was gone entirely which left the base tea. Smelled like… gym shoes? used ones.
Sad to say, I couldn’t finish the cup.
Overall rating: 68
Oh well, I am glad to know what BCBMD is all about! :)

Kittenna

I definitely didn’t like this one as much as I had expected too. Strange flavouring, to me. :(

Indigobloom

Yep, strange indeed!! maybe it was a bad batch

Comments

Kittenna

Indigobloom

Yep, strange indeed!! maybe it was a bad batch

Let’s see… I’m a tea and workout fanatic, I work in HR, and most of my friends consider me to be an egg. White on the outside, Asian on the inside :)
-from philosophy to food, I love it all
Otherwise, what you see is what you get! I can be very straightforward and yet shy.

Also, I’ve started taking tea sommelier classes and it is an absolute blast! Well, so far I’ve only finished the first out of eight courses, but I am really looking forward to the next one.

Anyhow, if your curious as to how I rate things, this is how I work…

0-25
Like eating dirt, or some other unsanitary indelicacy that mentioning in my profile here would likely get me banned.
I don’t think I’ve found cause to banish a tea to the wasteland yet though so who knows what it’d inspire ;P

25-50
You know that expression “Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater”? I imagine drinking that water would be terrible enough to warrant this rating!
I’d never make my enemy drink this, but perhaps I’d throw it at them. Good thing I don’t have any enemies!

50-70
This is “tea”?? I tried finishing the cup… but my body rejected it. There may be others who enjoy this tea, but it’s beyond me!

70-80
I tried liking it, and I can almost get there! I certainly don’t hate it, but something is holding me back. Allergies? Men in white suits? who knows… certainly not me!

80-90
Lovely tea! Not my all time fave but close. I likely wouldn’t repurchase, but may decide to based on many factors: price, accessibility, whether it fills a “tea gap”, medicinal applications, and how often I crave it.
Every once in awhile I find the sweet spot that bumps these up to 90+. Those are the days I need to buy a lotto ticket!

90-95
Sweet Camellia! this is realllly good tea! Don’t talk to me until I’ve finished my cup…

95-100
Tea of the gods. I would do anything to get my hands on more of this liquid gold!

Toronto (Mississauga, but I work in TO)