drank Chance Combinations by Custom

So I’ve been trying to use up all of my old black teas from when I had a black tea obsession. Don’t get me wrong, I still enjoy my black teas! It’s just that I don’t require them as often now and so I am stuck with a bunch of tea that’s fading fast and too old to give away. This, for this cup, I went straight to my oldest. Dimbula from Teaopia. I had gotten so sick of it at one point I thought it might have to be tossed (hiding now! ok ok, you’re right I could never throw out tea unless it was reallllly bad)
Anyhow… I might have come across a method of saving it! The answer (for me) is… CINNAMON!! yup. I bought me some sticks to play with… but I need to grab some powder as those won’t last me long.
Oh, I should also mention that I added a touch of Golden Fleece just to see what it’d do, along with milk and no suga’!
Well the result was pretty darn tasty. Not much depth compared to what I remember but I’ll take it! only one steep of course, which I expected. Which meant I made an extra big mug :D
Ingredients: 1tsp Dimbula, 1/2 tsp Golden Fleece, one cinnamon stick, milk
Rating: 85

gmathis

I love hearing about inexpensive additives. With cooler weather ahead—I hope, surely fall will come soon—cinnamon sounds perfect.

Comments

gmathis

Let’s see… I’m a tea and workout fanatic, I work in HR, and most of my friends consider me to be an egg. White on the outside, Asian on the inside :)
-from philosophy to food, I love it all
Otherwise, what you see is what you get! I can be very straightforward and yet shy.

Also, I’ve started taking tea sommelier classes and it is an absolute blast! Well, so far I’ve only finished the first out of eight courses, but I am really looking forward to the next one.

Anyhow, if your curious as to how I rate things, this is how I work…

0-25
Like eating dirt, or some other unsanitary indelicacy that mentioning in my profile here would likely get me banned.
I don’t think I’ve found cause to banish a tea to the wasteland yet though so who knows what it’d inspire ;P

25-50
You know that expression “Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater”? I imagine drinking that water would be terrible enough to warrant this rating!
I’d never make my enemy drink this, but perhaps I’d throw it at them. Good thing I don’t have any enemies!

50-70
This is “tea”?? I tried finishing the cup… but my body rejected it. There may be others who enjoy this tea, but it’s beyond me!

70-80
I tried liking it, and I can almost get there! I certainly don’t hate it, but something is holding me back. Allergies? Men in white suits? who knows… certainly not me!

80-90
Lovely tea! Not my all time fave but close. I likely wouldn’t repurchase, but may decide to based on many factors: price, accessibility, whether it fills a “tea gap”, medicinal applications, and how often I crave it.
Every once in awhile I find the sweet spot that bumps these up to 90+. Those are the days I need to buy a lotto ticket!

90-95
Sweet Camellia! this is realllly good tea! Don’t talk to me until I’ve finished my cup…

95-100
Tea of the gods. I would do anything to get my hands on more of this liquid gold!

Toronto (Mississauga, but I work in TO)