drank Read My Lips by DAVIDsTEA

Another tea I KNOW I’ve written notes for and yet I can’t find them.
I’ve noticed that if you click on the heart/likes link, it will take you to the review and show you others from that person but that is not the case here. That’s frustrating, because I would really like to compare this to my previous notes. There are a dozen pages of notes on this one. I’d really rather not go through every one just to find my own. Le sighs.
Bah!!! Sorry for the rant. I’m not in a terrible mood I swear!
So on to the tea.
It’s not bad, a little fake tasting, but decent enough. Another one that lists artificial ingredients now where it didn’t when I bought it (a serious pet peeve of mine! grrrrr)
It’s mint and chocolate all rolled together, though I’m not sure how much spice the peppercorns add.
For me, this must be had with milk and a dash of sugar, and really hits the spot when I’m craving it.
Overall, a great starter tea for anyone just getting into looseleaf :)

TheTeaFairy

I much prefer Santa’s secret to this one… So what-up with your tea logs? I’ve noticed that there are sometimes 2 different versions of the same tea, but I’m sure you checked that already…

Oh I’ve checked, but this time I think it’s more a case of laziness LOL
I mean, going through every review to find mine… ugh. If only they were in alpha order!

TheTeaFairy

When ( IF I ever do! ) reach the number of reviews you have written so far, it might also become a problem for me but having only a poor 52 reviews under my belt, I don’t have to worry about that for now :-)

Indigobloom

Lol you’ll get there sooner than you think!
Don’t think I ever tried Santa’s Secret. Was a green right?

TheTeaFairy

Lots of people compare the two, that’s why I mentioned it… it’s also a black mint tea, but has no chocolate in, replace that with creamy vanilla flavour and cute mini sugar canes, lots of fun for the holidays! I’m not into DT as much as I used to, but this is still one of my faves!

I’ve heard that to.
Lately, I find DT blends disappoint. Makes me sad, they opened my eyes to looseleaf!

TheTeaFairy

Me too Indigo, I miss my DAVID…I just can’t stand all the goo I see floating in my cup from most of their new teas… I can still enjoy a good flavoured tea, but their ratio is just too much stuff other than tea! If it was all natural it wouldn’t be so bad, but they add so much more artificial than they used to…Luckily, they still carry some of my old favourites, so all is not lost :-) having said that, I aven’t tried the new winter blends, have you?

Indigobloom

Pffft, I haven’t bothered. They come out with so many these days, what is the point?! it will only be discontinued shortly, and the lineup is usually so long…

Comments

TheTeaFairy

Oh I’ve checked, but this time I think it’s more a case of laziness LOL

Indigobloom

Lol you’ll get there sooner than you think!
Don’t think I ever tried Santa’s Secret. Was a green right?

I’ve heard that to.

Indigobloom

Let’s see… I’m a tea and workout fanatic, I work in HR, and most of my friends consider me to be an egg. White on the outside, Asian on the inside :)
-from philosophy to food, I love it all
Otherwise, what you see is what you get! I can be very straightforward and yet shy.

Also, I’ve started taking tea sommelier classes and it is an absolute blast! Well, so far I’ve only finished the first out of eight courses, but I am really looking forward to the next one.

Anyhow, if your curious as to how I rate things, this is how I work…

0-25
Like eating dirt, or some other unsanitary indelicacy that mentioning in my profile here would likely get me banned.
I don’t think I’ve found cause to banish a tea to the wasteland yet though so who knows what it’d inspire ;P

25-50
You know that expression “Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater”? I imagine drinking that water would be terrible enough to warrant this rating!
I’d never make my enemy drink this, but perhaps I’d throw it at them. Good thing I don’t have any enemies!

50-70
This is “tea”?? I tried finishing the cup… but my body rejected it. There may be others who enjoy this tea, but it’s beyond me!

70-80
I tried liking it, and I can almost get there! I certainly don’t hate it, but something is holding me back. Allergies? Men in white suits? who knows… certainly not me!

80-90
Lovely tea! Not my all time fave but close. I likely wouldn’t repurchase, but may decide to based on many factors: price, accessibility, whether it fills a “tea gap”, medicinal applications, and how often I crave it.
Every once in awhile I find the sweet spot that bumps these up to 90+. Those are the days I need to buy a lotto ticket!

90-95
Sweet Camellia! this is realllly good tea! Don’t talk to me until I’ve finished my cup…

95-100
Tea of the gods. I would do anything to get my hands on more of this liquid gold!

Toronto (Mississauga, but I work in TO)