drank Laoshan Black by Verdant Tea

I can’t believe I had a bit of this left! hiding in the back of my cupboard, found during inventory last week and consumed during the blackout.
Now, there must be something wrong with me because it was just “ok”. Maybe the tea was old?
I’ve been having issues with cocoa note black teas lately but this was the worst example. Usually they taste off but here, well I didn’t get much of anything. I am le sad :(
On the other hand, I am getting back into all sorts of other teas that I thought were lost to my tastebuds so yay for that!

Kittenna

Every now and then, I brew something up and it just doesn’t hit the spot the way I was expecting it to. It hasn’t happened to me before with both Marshmallow Treat & Laoshan Black (and more frequently to Quangzhou Milk Oolong). My usual solution is to leave them for a while and then come back to them, but that obviously isn’t your problem here…

Indigobloom

I know what you mean that happens to me as well sometimes. More often than not because I’ve been sipping down old samples.
Ah well I haven’t got any of this left so not to worry! I won’t bother replacing it for now.

Comments

Kittenna

Indigobloom

Let’s see… I’m a tea and workout fanatic, I work in HR, and most of my friends consider me to be an egg. White on the outside, Asian on the inside :)
-from philosophy to food, I love it all
Otherwise, what you see is what you get! I can be very straightforward and yet shy.

Also, I’ve started taking tea sommelier classes and it is an absolute blast! Well, so far I’ve only finished the first out of eight courses, but I am really looking forward to the next one.

Anyhow, if your curious as to how I rate things, this is how I work…

0-25
Like eating dirt, or some other unsanitary indelicacy that mentioning in my profile here would likely get me banned.
I don’t think I’ve found cause to banish a tea to the wasteland yet though so who knows what it’d inspire ;P

25-50
You know that expression “Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater”? I imagine drinking that water would be terrible enough to warrant this rating!
I’d never make my enemy drink this, but perhaps I’d throw it at them. Good thing I don’t have any enemies!

50-70
This is “tea”?? I tried finishing the cup… but my body rejected it. There may be others who enjoy this tea, but it’s beyond me!

70-80
I tried liking it, and I can almost get there! I certainly don’t hate it, but something is holding me back. Allergies? Men in white suits? who knows… certainly not me!

80-90
Lovely tea! Not my all time fave but close. I likely wouldn’t repurchase, but may decide to based on many factors: price, accessibility, whether it fills a “tea gap”, medicinal applications, and how often I crave it.
Every once in awhile I find the sweet spot that bumps these up to 90+. Those are the days I need to buy a lotto ticket!

90-95
Sweet Camellia! this is realllly good tea! Don’t talk to me until I’ve finished my cup…

95-100
Tea of the gods. I would do anything to get my hands on more of this liquid gold!

Toronto (Mississauga, but I work in TO)