AGH! my previous note was eaten. Hmph.
Ok so I am on the third steep of this and the sparkling mineral notes are coming through! yay!
Last time, it disappeared after the first cuppa. That’s my fave part so it makes me happy :D

Today was a depressing day, hence why I brought out the heavy duty tea reinforcements. I keep thinking about the CT tragedy and all those little innocent souls. Contrast that with the Christmas season and nothing seems right.
Only one good thing (that I can think of) can come out of this, and that is that maybe, just maybe the situation will act as a catalyst for Obama and other leaders around the world to address the underlying issues beyond a brief statement and actually implement programs that could not only prevent these incidents, but also help those in need.
Only 1 – 2% of those with mental health issues present violent behaviour but it’s that tiny fraction that gets showcased in the media so of course that is all alot of people know about it. My cousin has Schizophrenia and he is a gentle, honest man who retreats into himself when experiencing an episode. Of course, he is treated like a leper once people find out. Nobody deserves that.
Sorry for the rant. I seriously needed to vent.

momo

Have you seen this story? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/16/i-am-adam-lanzas-mother-mental-illness-conversation_n_2311009.html?utm_hp_ref=tw it horrifies me that the only way some people can get “help” is to be put in jail first. That isn’t right AT ALL.

Indigobloom

yup, I posted that one on my twitter/fb.
Seriously disturbing. It’s not the kid’s fault he is like that. Maybe with proper treatment he could get better… but not in JAIL

Veronica

I just read that story, and it makes me so angry. No one should have to consider having their child charged with a crime as a way of seeking help.

Veronica, agreed. We live in a warped world

TeaBrat

I’ve been feeling sad about it myself…

Indigobloom

It’s frustrating cuz there is nothing I can do to help besides offering sympathy. :(

Amariel

I have a little more of this. I might have some tomorrow or the next day when I am able to make multiple steeps again.

It’s so worth it, YUM!!

Comments

momo

Indigobloom

yup, I posted that one on my twitter/fb.

Veronica

Veronica, agreed. We live in a warped world

TeaBrat

I’ve been feeling sad about it myself…

Amariel

It’s so worth it, YUM!!

Let’s see… I’m a tea and workout fanatic, I work in HR, and most of my friends consider me to be an egg. White on the outside, Asian on the inside :)
-from philosophy to food, I love it all
Otherwise, what you see is what you get! I can be very straightforward and yet shy.

Also, I’ve started taking tea sommelier classes and it is an absolute blast! Well, so far I’ve only finished the first out of eight courses, but I am really looking forward to the next one.

Anyhow, if your curious as to how I rate things, this is how I work…

0-25
Like eating dirt, or some other unsanitary indelicacy that mentioning in my profile here would likely get me banned.
I don’t think I’ve found cause to banish a tea to the wasteland yet though so who knows what it’d inspire ;P

25-50
You know that expression “Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater”? I imagine drinking that water would be terrible enough to warrant this rating!
I’d never make my enemy drink this, but perhaps I’d throw it at them. Good thing I don’t have any enemies!

50-70
This is “tea”?? I tried finishing the cup… but my body rejected it. There may be others who enjoy this tea, but it’s beyond me!

70-80
I tried liking it, and I can almost get there! I certainly don’t hate it, but something is holding me back. Allergies? Men in white suits? who knows… certainly not me!

80-90
Lovely tea! Not my all time fave but close. I likely wouldn’t repurchase, but may decide to based on many factors: price, accessibility, whether it fills a “tea gap”, medicinal applications, and how often I crave it.
Every once in awhile I find the sweet spot that bumps these up to 90+. Those are the days I need to buy a lotto ticket!

90-95
Sweet Camellia! this is realllly good tea! Don’t talk to me until I’ve finished my cup…

95-100
Tea of the gods. I would do anything to get my hands on more of this liquid gold!

Toronto (Mississauga, but I work in TO)