drank Red Velvet Cake by DAVIDsTEA

Ack! totally slipped my mind to log this the other day. And now I can’t recall the specifics, other than it was quite tasty and a little too sweet. BUT my cup was quite enjoyable without any additions and I even got a second steep out of it. Also, I’m not a huge red velvet fan as I prefer true chocolate cakes and it seems to be a vanilla/chocolate hybrid so I do enjoy it more than vanilla… however, this tea really managed to capture the “red velvet” experience for me, which I was not expecting at all. It’s not often a tea is so spot on to it’s moniker and those are the ones that tend to hook me for some reason unless I really dislike one or two ingredients(looking at choo carob, invading all the “chocolate” teas.
Ok so this review turned out to be much longer than I anticipated. Ah well, I’ll save my rating for the next cup just to be sure, as I’m wavering around the 82-87 mark.
Darn you Davids Tea!! coming out with another(rare) blend I really enjoy and am now tempted to stock in my cupboard even though I already have far too much…

MegWesley

That sounds delicious!

The Cup of Life - Lu Ann

this is a blend I def. want to try from them. I need to get my hands on it fast. Had no idea it was “rare” :O thanks for the heads up

CREAM

This sounds so good! I’ll have to smell it next time im at Davids. Some of their chocolate teas do have a weird flavour.

Indigobloom

Meg: it really really is!!
Lu Ann: So worth it, I highly recommend!
CREAM: If you dislike beetroot, it could get a bit odd, but I think it works really well here :)

Comments

MegWesley

That sounds delicious!

The Cup of Life - Lu Ann

CREAM

Indigobloom

Meg: it really really is!!
Lu Ann: So worth it, I highly recommend!

Let’s see… I’m a tea and workout fanatic, I work in HR, and most of my friends consider me to be an egg. White on the outside, Asian on the inside :)
-from philosophy to food, I love it all
Otherwise, what you see is what you get! I can be very straightforward and yet shy.

Also, I’ve started taking tea sommelier classes and it is an absolute blast! Well, so far I’ve only finished the first out of eight courses, but I am really looking forward to the next one.

Anyhow, if your curious as to how I rate things, this is how I work…

0-25
Like eating dirt, or some other unsanitary indelicacy that mentioning in my profile here would likely get me banned.
I don’t think I’ve found cause to banish a tea to the wasteland yet though so who knows what it’d inspire ;P

25-50
You know that expression “Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater”? I imagine drinking that water would be terrible enough to warrant this rating!
I’d never make my enemy drink this, but perhaps I’d throw it at them. Good thing I don’t have any enemies!

50-70
This is “tea”?? I tried finishing the cup… but my body rejected it. There may be others who enjoy this tea, but it’s beyond me!

70-80
I tried liking it, and I can almost get there! I certainly don’t hate it, but something is holding me back. Allergies? Men in white suits? who knows… certainly not me!

80-90
Lovely tea! Not my all time fave but close. I likely wouldn’t repurchase, but may decide to based on many factors: price, accessibility, whether it fills a “tea gap”, medicinal applications, and how often I crave it.
Every once in awhile I find the sweet spot that bumps these up to 90+. Those are the days I need to buy a lotto ticket!

90-95
Sweet Camellia! this is realllly good tea! Don’t talk to me until I’ve finished my cup…

95-100
Tea of the gods. I would do anything to get my hands on more of this liquid gold!

Toronto (Mississauga, but I work in TO)