This was yummy!! but not quite what I was expecting. Almost, though. I need to try it as a hot latte. This time, I used milk, ice, and matcha in a blender. And then, because I’m not used to my “smoothies” have such a thin consistency, I threw in half a banana.
Not sure whether I added too much milk or not enough ice. Next time I’ll have to be more careful in measuring, as I was distracted by company. My neighbour’s sump pump burst and flooded their basement and part of the main level (talk about stinky), which means she’s been spending a lot of time at our place today/last night. Which is great, I love her! but it also means I’ve got next to no work done haha
and also why I haven’t gotten to my samples yet! well, I did try one but need to do them all side by side after having them individually.
Bah. I gotta go. Amazing weather out there!!

Fjellrev

Floods always have me worried. That is terrible! I hope they get that taken care of soon.

Cavocorax

The banana is a great idea! I used one in mine and it vastly improved the flavour/consistency, but then again I do like bananas.

Indigobloom

Oh yah, they have excellent insurance and already had workers there today taking care of it! but this is a long weekend coming up… so now that they’ve done the “triage” so to speak, nothing more will happen til next week. Not that it matters, since the damage is now contained! and it’s been sanitized heh

Indigobloom

Oh phew!! I am SO glad I’m not the only one who did that. Seriously, I almost left that part out of my review! oh and we only had bananas that were a little green, whereas for a smoothie (and only a smoothie, or maybe banana bread), I prefer slightly overripe ones.
No matter, I’m really looking forward to a summer of matchaccinos!!! :P

Lala

How does this matchaccino compare to the regular flavoured matcha?

Indigobloom

Lala, Hmmm I’d have to say they are different experiences. I found it slightly similar in flavour to the caramel matcha, made as a latte. However it was a lot more sugary! not overly so, for me.

Indigobloom

now that I’ve compared the caramel vs caramel matchaccino, I’d have to say the caramel is much sweeter, with less of a cocoa/coffee note. Both are great!

Lala

Thanks, that’s good to know.

Comments

Fjellrev

Cavocorax

No matter, I’m really looking forward to a summer of matchaccinos!!! :P

Lala

How does this matchaccino compare to the regular flavoured matcha?

Lala

Thanks, that’s good to know.

Let’s see… I’m a tea and workout fanatic, I work in HR, and most of my friends consider me to be an egg. White on the outside, Asian on the inside :)
-from philosophy to food, I love it all
Otherwise, what you see is what you get! I can be very straightforward and yet shy.

Also, I’ve started taking tea sommelier classes and it is an absolute blast! Well, so far I’ve only finished the first out of eight courses, but I am really looking forward to the next one.

Anyhow, if your curious as to how I rate things, this is how I work…

0-25
Like eating dirt, or some other unsanitary indelicacy that mentioning in my profile here would likely get me banned.
I don’t think I’ve found cause to banish a tea to the wasteland yet though so who knows what it’d inspire ;P

25-50
You know that expression “Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater”? I imagine drinking that water would be terrible enough to warrant this rating!
I’d never make my enemy drink this, but perhaps I’d throw it at them. Good thing I don’t have any enemies!

50-70
This is “tea”?? I tried finishing the cup… but my body rejected it. There may be others who enjoy this tea, but it’s beyond me!

70-80
I tried liking it, and I can almost get there! I certainly don’t hate it, but something is holding me back. Allergies? Men in white suits? who knows… certainly not me!

80-90
Lovely tea! Not my all time fave but close. I likely wouldn’t repurchase, but may decide to based on many factors: price, accessibility, whether it fills a “tea gap”, medicinal applications, and how often I crave it.
Every once in awhile I find the sweet spot that bumps these up to 90+. Those are the days I need to buy a lotto ticket!

90-95
Sweet Camellia! this is realllly good tea! Don’t talk to me until I’ve finished my cup…

95-100
Tea of the gods. I would do anything to get my hands on more of this liquid gold!

Toronto (Mississauga, but I work in TO)