This is getting old. Very tasty still, but old. That’s fine, because it’s almost the last of my straight Assam black teas. I think I still have my Sloane Assam left.
Today, this one is especially good because I added a pinch of first flush Darjeeling. Mmmmmmm. And honey. Lots of honey, since I’m recovering from Strep throat! Oh man, I’ve never appreciated my honey more.
As for the actual tea, I’m getting used to the smokiness, and figuring out the delicate nuances, in how it differs from one cup to another. Except now I find I can’t have this without my extra Darj. Nevermind. It’s been a great ride :)
and of course I love my Assams, but I find myself in the mood to explore lately. So I think I’ll back-burner them for awhile. Maybe I’ll buy one/two instead of my usual rotation of three or four I need to reorganize my stash first, and start a serious sipdown pile.
Anyhow, off to get some work done. Dang I love working from home. (although the main benefit is that of drinking endless tea, which I can’t do at the moment for fear of my dampened buds ruining the taste. Ah well!)

Let’s see… I’m a tea and workout fanatic, I work in HR, and most of my friends consider me to be an egg. White on the outside, Asian on the inside :)
-from philosophy to food, I love it all
Otherwise, what you see is what you get! I can be very straightforward and yet shy.

Also, I’ve started taking tea sommelier classes and it is an absolute blast! Well, so far I’ve only finished the first out of eight courses, but I am really looking forward to the next one.

Anyhow, if your curious as to how I rate things, this is how I work…

0-25
Like eating dirt, or some other unsanitary indelicacy that mentioning in my profile here would likely get me banned.
I don’t think I’ve found cause to banish a tea to the wasteland yet though so who knows what it’d inspire ;P

25-50
You know that expression “Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater”? I imagine drinking that water would be terrible enough to warrant this rating!
I’d never make my enemy drink this, but perhaps I’d throw it at them. Good thing I don’t have any enemies!

50-70
This is “tea”?? I tried finishing the cup… but my body rejected it. There may be others who enjoy this tea, but it’s beyond me!

70-80
I tried liking it, and I can almost get there! I certainly don’t hate it, but something is holding me back. Allergies? Men in white suits? who knows… certainly not me!

80-90
Lovely tea! Not my all time fave but close. I likely wouldn’t repurchase, but may decide to based on many factors: price, accessibility, whether it fills a “tea gap”, medicinal applications, and how often I crave it.
Every once in awhile I find the sweet spot that bumps these up to 90+. Those are the days I need to buy a lotto ticket!

90-95
Sweet Camellia! this is realllly good tea! Don’t talk to me until I’ve finished my cup…

95-100
Tea of the gods. I would do anything to get my hands on more of this liquid gold!

Toronto (Mississauga, but I work in TO)