drank Cream Fantasy by Basilur

I picked this up at the CNE. $4 for 100g. Too bad I only had a ten left on me, the prices were sooooo cheap, I could have made some serious change reselling their bargain teas! seriously!
For that price? wow. This was a STEAL.
The tea itself is a little overflavoured. But then I haven’t had the chance to get to the second steep yet. This is my third try already and life just keeps getting in the way?! Maybe next week… I get the impression (distantly) that there might be something floral hiding underneath. We shall see!
Bah. Either way, this is SO going in the TTBA, which ships out on Tuesday! fyi! This one’s for you Ssajami:)
Anyhow, I don’t taste much of the green base, if any, but that’s ok. Creamy strawberry campino candy anyone? Yeah, it’s pretty sweet on it’s own! Very sweet. SO much so that I doubt even a young kiddo would add sugar.
There is a hint of waxiness in there as well, but not much. So bare that I really don’t notice it, and in fact I don’t mind it at all because everything else about it is so lovely.

This is the company that has the books right?

Yah. Really wishing I’d bought more now :/

Cavocorax

Never heard of them, but those books are cute! Glad you got a good deal, even if you wish you’d grabbed more.

Indigobloom

They are adorable!! maybe next year, if they are there again :)

they were at the toronto tea festival too this year

yep, but I didn’t pay them any attention at the time for some reason

Comments

This is the company that has the books right?

Yah. Really wishing I’d bought more now :/

Cavocorax

Indigobloom

They are adorable!! maybe next year, if they are there again :)

they were at the toronto tea festival too this year

yep, but I didn’t pay them any attention at the time for some reason

Let’s see… I’m a tea and workout fanatic, I work in HR, and most of my friends consider me to be an egg. White on the outside, Asian on the inside :)
-from philosophy to food, I love it all
Otherwise, what you see is what you get! I can be very straightforward and yet shy.

Also, I’ve started taking tea sommelier classes and it is an absolute blast! Well, so far I’ve only finished the first out of eight courses, but I am really looking forward to the next one.

Anyhow, if your curious as to how I rate things, this is how I work…

0-25
Like eating dirt, or some other unsanitary indelicacy that mentioning in my profile here would likely get me banned.
I don’t think I’ve found cause to banish a tea to the wasteland yet though so who knows what it’d inspire ;P

25-50
You know that expression “Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater”? I imagine drinking that water would be terrible enough to warrant this rating!
I’d never make my enemy drink this, but perhaps I’d throw it at them. Good thing I don’t have any enemies!

50-70
This is “tea”?? I tried finishing the cup… but my body rejected it. There may be others who enjoy this tea, but it’s beyond me!

70-80
I tried liking it, and I can almost get there! I certainly don’t hate it, but something is holding me back. Allergies? Men in white suits? who knows… certainly not me!

80-90
Lovely tea! Not my all time fave but close. I likely wouldn’t repurchase, but may decide to based on many factors: price, accessibility, whether it fills a “tea gap”, medicinal applications, and how often I crave it.
Every once in awhile I find the sweet spot that bumps these up to 90+. Those are the days I need to buy a lotto ticket!

90-95
Sweet Camellia! this is realllly good tea! Don’t talk to me until I’ve finished my cup…

95-100
Tea of the gods. I would do anything to get my hands on more of this liquid gold!

Toronto (Mississauga, but I work in TO)