drank Marco Polo by Mariage Frères

ugh, so I made the fatal error of eating an apple just prior to having this tea! Note to self: Apple and tea do NOT go well together. I really should have known better. What was I thinking?!?
This was an interesting experience, but not one I’d like to repeat, and not by any fault of the tea!
The apple was somewhat sour, but it must have been sweeter than I had considered because the tea was just off. I think I didn’t make it strong enough either, because it tasted a bit watery. and flowery! The first time I had this one, it was more fruity and sweet, but this time it was all floral with a slight minty spice in the finish. The thing is, I had to add sugar, and more than I prefer under regular circumstances so it muddled the taste.
Dang, this one is all my fault to. I’m not changing the rating, I’d like to remember this tea the way it was the first time i tried it.
QuiltGuppy it looks like we’ve both had some puzzling tea-scapades today! thanks again for sending me this one :)

Let’s see… I’m a tea and workout fanatic, I work in HR, and most of my friends consider me to be an egg. White on the outside, Asian on the inside :)
-from philosophy to food, I love it all
Otherwise, what you see is what you get! I can be very straightforward and yet shy.

Also, I’ve started taking tea sommelier classes and it is an absolute blast! Well, so far I’ve only finished the first out of eight courses, but I am really looking forward to the next one.

Anyhow, if your curious as to how I rate things, this is how I work…

0-25
Like eating dirt, or some other unsanitary indelicacy that mentioning in my profile here would likely get me banned.
I don’t think I’ve found cause to banish a tea to the wasteland yet though so who knows what it’d inspire ;P

25-50
You know that expression “Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater”? I imagine drinking that water would be terrible enough to warrant this rating!
I’d never make my enemy drink this, but perhaps I’d throw it at them. Good thing I don’t have any enemies!

50-70
This is “tea”?? I tried finishing the cup… but my body rejected it. There may be others who enjoy this tea, but it’s beyond me!

70-80
I tried liking it, and I can almost get there! I certainly don’t hate it, but something is holding me back. Allergies? Men in white suits? who knows… certainly not me!

80-90
Lovely tea! Not my all time fave but close. I likely wouldn’t repurchase, but may decide to based on many factors: price, accessibility, whether it fills a “tea gap”, medicinal applications, and how often I crave it.
Every once in awhile I find the sweet spot that bumps these up to 90+. Those are the days I need to buy a lotto ticket!

90-95
Sweet Camellia! this is realllly good tea! Don’t talk to me until I’ve finished my cup…

95-100
Tea of the gods. I would do anything to get my hands on more of this liquid gold!

Toronto (Mississauga, but I work in TO)