drank Whisky White by DAVIDsTEA

now here we have a novelty tea! but I love it.
The first infusion was heavy on the whisky, not letting much else come through. It was strong, and generally what I had hoped for, except that the peach was far too mild. The second infusion was even better! I could really taste the peach here and it became super smooth, almost creamy. The third infusion was more or less the same but weaker… enough so that I doubt it could have done a fourth.
Next time, I’ll try shorter infusions and see if I can get more out of it.
Either way, this one is naturally sweet, complex, drastically different between infusions, and overwhelmingly tasty!! nothing but good things to say about this one.
Oh ya, and eating the nuts/fruit afterwards is fun to! :P

aisling of tea

I never steep my whites for more than 30 seconds on the first infusion, it somehow makes them stronger. I will definitely have to try this one hot! De had it hot first and was blown away by it.

Indigobloom

ah, see I’ve always done it for a few minutes, but I will try it for 30 seconds next time! I keep forgetting…. typical me!

Comments

aisling of tea

Indigobloom

Let’s see… I’m a tea and workout fanatic, I work in HR, and most of my friends consider me to be an egg. White on the outside, Asian on the inside :)
-from philosophy to food, I love it all
Otherwise, what you see is what you get! I can be very straightforward and yet shy.

Also, I’ve started taking tea sommelier classes and it is an absolute blast! Well, so far I’ve only finished the first out of eight courses, but I am really looking forward to the next one.

Anyhow, if your curious as to how I rate things, this is how I work…

0-25
Like eating dirt, or some other unsanitary indelicacy that mentioning in my profile here would likely get me banned.
I don’t think I’ve found cause to banish a tea to the wasteland yet though so who knows what it’d inspire ;P

25-50
You know that expression “Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater”? I imagine drinking that water would be terrible enough to warrant this rating!
I’d never make my enemy drink this, but perhaps I’d throw it at them. Good thing I don’t have any enemies!

50-70
This is “tea”?? I tried finishing the cup… but my body rejected it. There may be others who enjoy this tea, but it’s beyond me!

70-80
I tried liking it, and I can almost get there! I certainly don’t hate it, but something is holding me back. Allergies? Men in white suits? who knows… certainly not me!

80-90
Lovely tea! Not my all time fave but close. I likely wouldn’t repurchase, but may decide to based on many factors: price, accessibility, whether it fills a “tea gap”, medicinal applications, and how often I crave it.
Every once in awhile I find the sweet spot that bumps these up to 90+. Those are the days I need to buy a lotto ticket!

90-95
Sweet Camellia! this is realllly good tea! Don’t talk to me until I’ve finished my cup…

95-100
Tea of the gods. I would do anything to get my hands on more of this liquid gold!

Toronto (Mississauga, but I work in TO)