drank Toasted Walnut by DAVIDsTEA

Hmmmm, I think I like it! alot!!!
this one reminds me of the coconut oolong I bought over Christmas, but more “green” (obviously) than oolong. There is a definite essence of walnut, with that same walnut taste in the back of the throat. Then there’s the coconut, which lends the sweetness to this brew. No sugar needed here! :-)
There is something else there, but I’m not sure if it’s the pineapple- most likely. It doesn’t taste unlike pineapple, but not especially so either.
If it wasn’t for the coconut oolong, this would get a 95 but because that other tea is SO similar, and I love that one, well I give this one a slightly lower score.
EDIT: The walnut, while good, has gotten a bit tiresome now that I am at the bottom of the cup. Down another few notches…
Second EDIT: The second cup is realllllllly smooth, as usual with a green or oolong, but it still takes me by surprise every time! It’s significantly more mellow now, but some of the walnut is lost. Hiking the rating back up! Like a rollercoaster this one…

Let’s see… I’m a tea and workout fanatic, I work in HR, and most of my friends consider me to be an egg. White on the outside, Asian on the inside :)
-from philosophy to food, I love it all
Otherwise, what you see is what you get! I can be very straightforward and yet shy.

Also, I’ve started taking tea sommelier classes and it is an absolute blast! Well, so far I’ve only finished the first out of eight courses, but I am really looking forward to the next one.

Anyhow, if your curious as to how I rate things, this is how I work…

0-25
Like eating dirt, or some other unsanitary indelicacy that mentioning in my profile here would likely get me banned.
I don’t think I’ve found cause to banish a tea to the wasteland yet though so who knows what it’d inspire ;P

25-50
You know that expression “Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater”? I imagine drinking that water would be terrible enough to warrant this rating!
I’d never make my enemy drink this, but perhaps I’d throw it at them. Good thing I don’t have any enemies!

50-70
This is “tea”?? I tried finishing the cup… but my body rejected it. There may be others who enjoy this tea, but it’s beyond me!

70-80
I tried liking it, and I can almost get there! I certainly don’t hate it, but something is holding me back. Allergies? Men in white suits? who knows… certainly not me!

80-90
Lovely tea! Not my all time fave but close. I likely wouldn’t repurchase, but may decide to based on many factors: price, accessibility, whether it fills a “tea gap”, medicinal applications, and how often I crave it.
Every once in awhile I find the sweet spot that bumps these up to 90+. Those are the days I need to buy a lotto ticket!

90-95
Sweet Camellia! this is realllly good tea! Don’t talk to me until I’ve finished my cup…

95-100
Tea of the gods. I would do anything to get my hands on more of this liquid gold!

Toronto (Mississauga, but I work in TO)