Allergy update! :)
So I went into the shop this AM before work and let loose on my situation, and the tea barista agreed to steep my tea in a bag instead of a tea master. Yay!
He said that they bleach the tea masters out ever week but sometimes it leeches into the plastic pretty quickly and therefore I should be careful.
So I ordered the lapsang souchong. Feeling extra diva-like this morning, I mentioned wanting to try it with milk but not being sure about it so the other worker, a girl this time, poured some into a small cup for me.
I gotta say, it was kinda weird with milk!! The DT version was great with milk, I suppose cuz the smokiness is less intense. Here, it just made the tea floral and marshmallow-ey in an odd way that made no sense to my taste buds.
So I drank the rest of it bare. Yummmm! nary a bergamot leaf to be smelled. Ahhhhh…
Nothing will compare to the first time I tried this one. I always get so excited the first time lol
Anyhow, I still thoroughly enjoyed it. One day I’ll pick some up to take home with me and maybe try more than one steep!

Let’s see… I’m a tea and workout fanatic, I work in HR, and most of my friends consider me to be an egg. White on the outside, Asian on the inside :)
-from philosophy to food, I love it all
Otherwise, what you see is what you get! I can be very straightforward and yet shy.

Also, I’ve started taking tea sommelier classes and it is an absolute blast! Well, so far I’ve only finished the first out of eight courses, but I am really looking forward to the next one.

Anyhow, if your curious as to how I rate things, this is how I work…

0-25
Like eating dirt, or some other unsanitary indelicacy that mentioning in my profile here would likely get me banned.
I don’t think I’ve found cause to banish a tea to the wasteland yet though so who knows what it’d inspire ;P

25-50
You know that expression “Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater”? I imagine drinking that water would be terrible enough to warrant this rating!
I’d never make my enemy drink this, but perhaps I’d throw it at them. Good thing I don’t have any enemies!

50-70
This is “tea”?? I tried finishing the cup… but my body rejected it. There may be others who enjoy this tea, but it’s beyond me!

70-80
I tried liking it, and I can almost get there! I certainly don’t hate it, but something is holding me back. Allergies? Men in white suits? who knows… certainly not me!

80-90
Lovely tea! Not my all time fave but close. I likely wouldn’t repurchase, but may decide to based on many factors: price, accessibility, whether it fills a “tea gap”, medicinal applications, and how often I crave it.
Every once in awhile I find the sweet spot that bumps these up to 90+. Those are the days I need to buy a lotto ticket!

90-95
Sweet Camellia! this is realllly good tea! Don’t talk to me until I’ve finished my cup…

95-100
Tea of the gods. I would do anything to get my hands on more of this liquid gold!

Toronto (Mississauga, but I work in TO)