drank Jiaogulan by Teaopia

Wow, this is amazing!
I avoided this tea for ages, thinking that it would taste all medicinal and herbally but it’s more like a really sweet, smooth, green tea with a teaspoon of sugar added!!!
The sugary goodness is really delicate, but persistent from the middle of the sip (once it cools a bit, not as much when it’s hot) all the way to the almost finish. When the liquid is room temperature, there is a brief but sharp bitterness in the aftertaste so I recommend finishing the cup before it cools. I’d LOVE to see what this one does in a gaiwan :)
Oh and it’s caffeine free?? not made from any variation of camellia sinensis??? and with more antioxidants than green tea? ok now I am intrigued. I need to experiment with this wonder brew!

Kittenna

Definitely just ordered some of this… sounded too interesting to pass up!

Indigobloom

I’d send you some if I could find it, it’s been missing from my cupboard!

Kittenna

Well, I’ll have my own soon enough! I wonder how many balls you get in 50g.

Indigobloom

I think I had about six balls? but they were all different sizes so it could vary

Comments

Kittenna

Definitely just ordered some of this… sounded too interesting to pass up!

Indigobloom

I’d send you some if I could find it, it’s been missing from my cupboard!

Kittenna

Well, I’ll have my own soon enough! I wonder how many balls you get in 50g.

Indigobloom

Let’s see… I’m a tea and workout fanatic, I work in HR, and most of my friends consider me to be an egg. White on the outside, Asian on the inside :)
-from philosophy to food, I love it all
Otherwise, what you see is what you get! I can be very straightforward and yet shy.

Also, I’ve started taking tea sommelier classes and it is an absolute blast! Well, so far I’ve only finished the first out of eight courses, but I am really looking forward to the next one.

Anyhow, if your curious as to how I rate things, this is how I work…

0-25
Like eating dirt, or some other unsanitary indelicacy that mentioning in my profile here would likely get me banned.
I don’t think I’ve found cause to banish a tea to the wasteland yet though so who knows what it’d inspire ;P

25-50
You know that expression “Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater”? I imagine drinking that water would be terrible enough to warrant this rating!
I’d never make my enemy drink this, but perhaps I’d throw it at them. Good thing I don’t have any enemies!

50-70
This is “tea”?? I tried finishing the cup… but my body rejected it. There may be others who enjoy this tea, but it’s beyond me!

70-80
I tried liking it, and I can almost get there! I certainly don’t hate it, but something is holding me back. Allergies? Men in white suits? who knows… certainly not me!

80-90
Lovely tea! Not my all time fave but close. I likely wouldn’t repurchase, but may decide to based on many factors: price, accessibility, whether it fills a “tea gap”, medicinal applications, and how often I crave it.
Every once in awhile I find the sweet spot that bumps these up to 90+. Those are the days I need to buy a lotto ticket!

90-95
Sweet Camellia! this is realllly good tea! Don’t talk to me until I’ve finished my cup…

95-100
Tea of the gods. I would do anything to get my hands on more of this liquid gold!

Toronto (Mississauga, but I work in TO)