drank Cherry Potion by DAVIDsTEA

well, this is interesting.
The cherry flavour is nice enough. I enjoy cherries… but the hibiscus does all sorts of nasty things here. I so wish that it wasn’t in this tea! Also, the “white” part is barely there. I would think it was some sort of a tisane if I hadn’t seen the label.
Otherwise, it’s decent. Naturally sweet on its own, and mild enough that it soothes my throat (a little hoarse today for some reason)
It may be better iced, fantasic even. Actually I think it was designed to be iced- but really, I am not an iced tea person…
So yeah, I am mucho glad I didn’t purchase any to take home!!

Cattibrie

I got some of this last night and haven’t yet made it. I have a silly question though. I am new to tea and am wondering what a tisane is? I have read that on a number of posts and really not sure.

Indigobloom

oh, don’t worry, I was confused about that myself until not long ago!
A tisane is a “tea” that does not contain anything made from the camellia sinensis plant. Black, Oolong, White, and Pu’erh are all made from variations(grown in various geographical regions makes them taste different as well) of that one plant but through different processes come out with the characterstics that classify them as such.
Rooibos, peppermint, chamomile etc are all tisanes.

seule771

I like to think of tisane as herbal teas or organic even and yes if one is not sure of tisane just think of Rooibos. I mean to say Rooibos = Tisane.

seule771

I forgot to add a good place to try and experience Tisane is at Tealuxe, their shops makes very good rooibos teas, iceteas to go. The Berry Rooibos a large is just under $3.00. Can you see yourself strolling down a sidewalk filled with local shops and window shopping while sipping a tall cup of Rooibos berry chilled…life is good I’d say to that.
I speak from experience, but I am broke these days and not from window shopping.

aisling of tea

I’m curious about this one, and will likely try 10g of it or so, but I’m not really expecting much from it. Between the heavy fruits and the hibiscus….meh.

Indigobloom

the girl promised me that the hibiscus wouldn’t be prominent but… it was, surprise! more cherry, less hibiscus pls!!

Ohhh I’ve never tried a berry rooibos before, not in the way you describe… unless you count strawberry shortcake but raspberry, now that sounds tasty!

Jenn

Oooh, I actually think I may like this one. I’m not adverse to hibiscus although, I can completely understand why most people are. I need to make another David’s order soooon :)

MaddHatter

Hmmm, I am still on the fence about trying this one… White tea is enough to send me running..

Indigobloom

Jenn: if hibiscus is ok by you, go for it! I’d be interested to see how you like it…
Erin: You can hardly taste the white part, it’s more “juice” than anything else!

MaddHatter

Ooo, it must be incredibly red in colour…

Indigobloom

it’s pink! but being in the paper cup, I can’t really recall… I should pay more attention!!

Cattibrie

Made this iced yesterday and was doing it the quick way. Normally I steep and pour it over ice and then add more water and resteep the leaves and let it sit. Well I got a light pink colour and hardly any flavour. Forgot to add more water so I tried what was left in the cup. It was great. Then I realized that I had forgotten to do double the leaves. Duh. Trying it again today and looking forward to a nice pink colour and flavour.

Comments

Cattibrie

Indigobloom

oh, don’t worry, I was confused about that myself until not long ago!
Rooibos, peppermint, chamomile etc are all tisanes.

aisling of tea

Jenn

MaddHatter

Ooo, it must be incredibly red in colour…

Cattibrie

Let’s see… I’m a tea and workout fanatic, I work in HR, and most of my friends consider me to be an egg. White on the outside, Asian on the inside :)
-from philosophy to food, I love it all
Otherwise, what you see is what you get! I can be very straightforward and yet shy.

Also, I’ve started taking tea sommelier classes and it is an absolute blast! Well, so far I’ve only finished the first out of eight courses, but I am really looking forward to the next one.

Anyhow, if your curious as to how I rate things, this is how I work…

0-25
Like eating dirt, or some other unsanitary indelicacy that mentioning in my profile here would likely get me banned.
I don’t think I’ve found cause to banish a tea to the wasteland yet though so who knows what it’d inspire ;P

25-50
You know that expression “Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater”? I imagine drinking that water would be terrible enough to warrant this rating!
I’d never make my enemy drink this, but perhaps I’d throw it at them. Good thing I don’t have any enemies!

50-70
This is “tea”?? I tried finishing the cup… but my body rejected it. There may be others who enjoy this tea, but it’s beyond me!

70-80
I tried liking it, and I can almost get there! I certainly don’t hate it, but something is holding me back. Allergies? Men in white suits? who knows… certainly not me!

80-90
Lovely tea! Not my all time fave but close. I likely wouldn’t repurchase, but may decide to based on many factors: price, accessibility, whether it fills a “tea gap”, medicinal applications, and how often I crave it.
Every once in awhile I find the sweet spot that bumps these up to 90+. Those are the days I need to buy a lotto ticket!

90-95
Sweet Camellia! this is realllly good tea! Don’t talk to me until I’ve finished my cup…

95-100
Tea of the gods. I would do anything to get my hands on more of this liquid gold!

Toronto (Mississauga, but I work in TO)