another tea that hits the target!! I think “wow” is going to become that word I associate with 52Teas. The Wayne’s World throwback. Hey, do ya think they “drank” alota tea? ;P
This is a reallllllly good tea. It’s pumpkin pie in a cup!!! and just the way I love my chai teas— I’m very particular in chai, and don’t indulge often… but when I do, this is what I want. I never would have associated pumpkin (ok I know this is not an official chai but it certainly fits my bill for one!) with a traditional chai tea but it makes sense… I mean, the pie and chai borrow from the same spice rack. (hehe, I’m a poet)
I love how it lends that smooth pumpkin flavour, but balances it out so perfectly with the kick of nutmeg n friends.
With some sugar (really brings out the flavour) and milk, this could seriously stave me away from the oh-so tasty real thing.
Thank you Jenn for sharing!!!

gmathis

A friend of mine calls chai “pumpkin pie in a cup.”

gmathis

Which, after rereading your post, is pretty redundant because you tagged it the same way. Good grief…I’m beginning to repeat myself like my mother!

MaddHatter

Sounds like this tea would make a great edition to pumpkin pie! yumm

Indigobloom

lol don’t worry, I have nightmares about becoming my mother as well. oh dear! :P
—oh yes, I think you are so right, adding it to a pie would make it unbearably delicous!!!!

Comments

gmathis

A friend of mine calls chai “pumpkin pie in a cup.”

MaddHatter

Sounds like this tea would make a great edition to pumpkin pie! yumm

Indigobloom

Let’s see… I’m a tea and workout fanatic, I work in HR, and most of my friends consider me to be an egg. White on the outside, Asian on the inside :)
-from philosophy to food, I love it all
Otherwise, what you see is what you get! I can be very straightforward and yet shy.

Also, I’ve started taking tea sommelier classes and it is an absolute blast! Well, so far I’ve only finished the first out of eight courses, but I am really looking forward to the next one.

Anyhow, if your curious as to how I rate things, this is how I work…

0-25
Like eating dirt, or some other unsanitary indelicacy that mentioning in my profile here would likely get me banned.
I don’t think I’ve found cause to banish a tea to the wasteland yet though so who knows what it’d inspire ;P

25-50
You know that expression “Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater”? I imagine drinking that water would be terrible enough to warrant this rating!
I’d never make my enemy drink this, but perhaps I’d throw it at them. Good thing I don’t have any enemies!

50-70
This is “tea”?? I tried finishing the cup… but my body rejected it. There may be others who enjoy this tea, but it’s beyond me!

70-80
I tried liking it, and I can almost get there! I certainly don’t hate it, but something is holding me back. Allergies? Men in white suits? who knows… certainly not me!

80-90
Lovely tea! Not my all time fave but close. I likely wouldn’t repurchase, but may decide to based on many factors: price, accessibility, whether it fills a “tea gap”, medicinal applications, and how often I crave it.
Every once in awhile I find the sweet spot that bumps these up to 90+. Those are the days I need to buy a lotto ticket!

90-95
Sweet Camellia! this is realllly good tea! Don’t talk to me until I’ve finished my cup…

95-100
Tea of the gods. I would do anything to get my hands on more of this liquid gold!

Toronto (Mississauga, but I work in TO)