Meh
This tastes like more of a “chai” than it does a chocolate tea. The gingery fennel taste overpowers the chocolate by so much that I would never name it as such!! I’ve always disliked fennel. It’s so pungent and what a bully!
Anyhow, when the cup is lukewarm, the chocolate comes out a bit more, but only for about five minutes.
I resteeped it three times, and took out the fennel on the last one… which seemed to make it a bit easier to bear, but not really enough to purchase any for the house. I mean, it was ok… but nothing special in my books. shrugs
Oh well. Watching the fennel puff up like a balloon was fun!

TeaBrat

I like fennel so, on this point we shall have to disagree. :) I can’t imagine fennel in a chocolate tea though, that sounds like a yucky combination!

ScottTeaMan

I love fennel too, but never had it in tea. I love going to local Indian restaurants. Sssoooo good…….

Indigobloom

It is an interesting combination!! Not something I would have dreamed up myself.
and Indian? Oh my, I looooove Indian!! I just put up with the fennel and gorge on everything else lol

Amariel

Uh oh. Don’t like fennel/licorice at all! Good thing I got just a small amount to try. Not sure when I will try it. Seems like Oh Christmas Treat is he way to start the day off tomorrow, even though I’m Jew-ish.

Indigobloom

I was hoping they’d throw in some seasonal teas for other holiday events… I guess Kanpe could be for Kwanzaa but what about Hannukah?? :)

Amariel

This one is going back, if I can find the receipt, though I don’t need it if I’m exchanging. It isn’t like chocolate at all.

Indigobloom

good idea! if enough people do the same maybe they will rework the blend to make it more chocolatey and less medicinal :)

Comments

TeaBrat

ScottTeaMan

Indigobloom

Let’s see… I’m a tea and workout fanatic, I work in HR, and most of my friends consider me to be an egg. White on the outside, Asian on the inside :)
-from philosophy to food, I love it all
Otherwise, what you see is what you get! I can be very straightforward and yet shy.

Also, I’ve started taking tea sommelier classes and it is an absolute blast! Well, so far I’ve only finished the first out of eight courses, but I am really looking forward to the next one.

Anyhow, if your curious as to how I rate things, this is how I work…

0-25
Like eating dirt, or some other unsanitary indelicacy that mentioning in my profile here would likely get me banned.
I don’t think I’ve found cause to banish a tea to the wasteland yet though so who knows what it’d inspire ;P

25-50
You know that expression “Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater”? I imagine drinking that water would be terrible enough to warrant this rating!
I’d never make my enemy drink this, but perhaps I’d throw it at them. Good thing I don’t have any enemies!

50-70
This is “tea”?? I tried finishing the cup… but my body rejected it. There may be others who enjoy this tea, but it’s beyond me!

70-80
I tried liking it, and I can almost get there! I certainly don’t hate it, but something is holding me back. Allergies? Men in white suits? who knows… certainly not me!

80-90
Lovely tea! Not my all time fave but close. I likely wouldn’t repurchase, but may decide to based on many factors: price, accessibility, whether it fills a “tea gap”, medicinal applications, and how often I crave it.
Every once in awhile I find the sweet spot that bumps these up to 90+. Those are the days I need to buy a lotto ticket!

90-95
Sweet Camellia! this is realllly good tea! Don’t talk to me until I’ve finished my cup…

95-100
Tea of the gods. I would do anything to get my hands on more of this liquid gold!

Toronto (Mississauga, but I work in TO)