drank Laoshan Black by Verdant Tea

Heaven!!! pure, blissful, intoxicating heaven.
The first cup anyhow. Funny, I made it through 5 steeps and the first one was my fave! I guess that is commom with Asian black tea, for me. (Oolongs are a different beast altogether)
Anyhow, it tasted just like dark chocolate. I really felt as if I’d eaten a piece of rich, 90% chocolate. SO good. I could also taste the honey/buckwheat.
The second steep was really nice as well. Less chocolatey… or maybe like milk chocolate? (without the milk, that is!). The sweetness really came out here.
The third steep was more of the same. but the fourth! well, this is where the raisin note that I detected a hint of before, really shone through. and a sortof fresh water note in the finish. Almost sour.
This was hours ago, so now of course I am wondering if that was the hibiscus? Either way, it was an epic experience.
There are enough leaves to make a few more cups but once those are gone I think I will leave it be. One of those things that are just so great that the memory needs to be left intact, unspoiled even. *sighs
Maybe I will save those for my gaiwan, when I finally get one…
Big thank you to Amy Oh for the sample!! you made my dreadfully boring day a whole lot less boring! :)

TeaBrat

glad you liked it! =)

me to!! Yummm

SimpliciTEA

This tea definitely ROCKS!

Indigobloom

yes it does!! I want to marry it…

Comments

TeaBrat

glad you liked it! =)

me to!! Yummm

SimpliciTEA

This tea definitely ROCKS!

Indigobloom

yes it does!! I want to marry it…

Let’s see… I’m a tea and workout fanatic, I work in HR, and most of my friends consider me to be an egg. White on the outside, Asian on the inside :)
-from philosophy to food, I love it all
Otherwise, what you see is what you get! I can be very straightforward and yet shy.

Also, I’ve started taking tea sommelier classes and it is an absolute blast! Well, so far I’ve only finished the first out of eight courses, but I am really looking forward to the next one.

Anyhow, if your curious as to how I rate things, this is how I work…

0-25
Like eating dirt, or some other unsanitary indelicacy that mentioning in my profile here would likely get me banned.
I don’t think I’ve found cause to banish a tea to the wasteland yet though so who knows what it’d inspire ;P

25-50
You know that expression “Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater”? I imagine drinking that water would be terrible enough to warrant this rating!
I’d never make my enemy drink this, but perhaps I’d throw it at them. Good thing I don’t have any enemies!

50-70
This is “tea”?? I tried finishing the cup… but my body rejected it. There may be others who enjoy this tea, but it’s beyond me!

70-80
I tried liking it, and I can almost get there! I certainly don’t hate it, but something is holding me back. Allergies? Men in white suits? who knows… certainly not me!

80-90
Lovely tea! Not my all time fave but close. I likely wouldn’t repurchase, but may decide to based on many factors: price, accessibility, whether it fills a “tea gap”, medicinal applications, and how often I crave it.
Every once in awhile I find the sweet spot that bumps these up to 90+. Those are the days I need to buy a lotto ticket!

90-95
Sweet Camellia! this is realllly good tea! Don’t talk to me until I’ve finished my cup…

95-100
Tea of the gods. I would do anything to get my hands on more of this liquid gold!

Toronto (Mississauga, but I work in TO)