warm campfire in a cup. with marshmallows, alot of them!
I love this tea. Love it!! when I am done with this packet I will be going to buy more.
Like with the STE Darjeeling, I had my doubts but I really should have more faith because both of them are amazing!!
I forgot my notes at work again but will update this with my next review.
or not… since I got through three steeps and they were all lovely but more or less the same if not a tad weaker as it went, and maybe a bit sweeter/less smoky. I just mean that I didn’t see any extra layers of flavour come out!
Oh and one day I’ll try it with milk. I think that would make it caramel-like. Mmmm

Amariel

No actual marshmallows, right? You mean just sweet?

Indigobloom

hehe yes it’s just sweet!! I’ve never had a lapsang so naturally sweet before

Comments

Amariel

No actual marshmallows, right? You mean just sweet?

Indigobloom

hehe yes it’s just sweet!! I’ve never had a lapsang so naturally sweet before

Let’s see… I’m a tea and workout fanatic, I work in HR, and most of my friends consider me to be an egg. White on the outside, Asian on the inside :)
-from philosophy to food, I love it all
Otherwise, what you see is what you get! I can be very straightforward and yet shy.

Also, I’ve started taking tea sommelier classes and it is an absolute blast! Well, so far I’ve only finished the first out of eight courses, but I am really looking forward to the next one.

Anyhow, if your curious as to how I rate things, this is how I work…

0-25
Like eating dirt, or some other unsanitary indelicacy that mentioning in my profile here would likely get me banned.
I don’t think I’ve found cause to banish a tea to the wasteland yet though so who knows what it’d inspire ;P

25-50
You know that expression “Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater”? I imagine drinking that water would be terrible enough to warrant this rating!
I’d never make my enemy drink this, but perhaps I’d throw it at them. Good thing I don’t have any enemies!

50-70
This is “tea”?? I tried finishing the cup… but my body rejected it. There may be others who enjoy this tea, but it’s beyond me!

70-80
I tried liking it, and I can almost get there! I certainly don’t hate it, but something is holding me back. Allergies? Men in white suits? who knows… certainly not me!

80-90
Lovely tea! Not my all time fave but close. I likely wouldn’t repurchase, but may decide to based on many factors: price, accessibility, whether it fills a “tea gap”, medicinal applications, and how often I crave it.
Every once in awhile I find the sweet spot that bumps these up to 90+. Those are the days I need to buy a lotto ticket!

90-95
Sweet Camellia! this is realllly good tea! Don’t talk to me until I’ve finished my cup…

95-100
Tea of the gods. I would do anything to get my hands on more of this liquid gold!

Toronto (Mississauga, but I work in TO)