Wow I did not expect to love this tea!!!! Of course I had high hopes for it but I was a little worried that the coconut would set off that itchy reaction I usually get. Well, no scratchiness is to be found. Sweet!!
Unfortunately, the coconut really sweetens up the tea. I think it’s overpowering the cheesecake factor because when I first dunked the bag, after about a minute I stole a little taste and I could pick out cheesecake right away. I was impressed!! but now? Nope, no cake to be found :(
This makes me sad because I was so looking forward to that. Although I do get a sort of sweet cheese aftertaste, long after I’ve swallowed.
I’m letting the cup cool a bit now in hopes that a temperature change might reveal something extra.
So big thanks to Jenn for sharing this with me!!! I owe you one.or fifty! :)

ok now that it’s cooled, I can kinda sorta (but not really if you know what I mean) see it going in the cheesecake direction. Tsk. Next time I’ll cut the steep time. I think I have enough left for another!

Tina S.

I’m waiting for this one in the mail right now, and can’t wait to try it now!

Indigobloom

Oooh, I’ll look for your review!!

Erin

Cheesecake tea sounds amazing! I hope it comes out more with a shorter steep.

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

I’ve been drinking this one a lot recently. Just makes me feel cozy. :)

I hope so to Erin!!
Rachel, it IS a cozy drink isn’t it??? :)

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

Yes it is Indigoloom and as a matter of fact I am having some now. :)

Comments

Tina S.

I’m waiting for this one in the mail right now, and can’t wait to try it now!

Indigobloom

Oooh, I’ll look for your review!!

Erin

Cheesecake tea sounds amazing! I hope it comes out more with a shorter steep.

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

I’ve been drinking this one a lot recently. Just makes me feel cozy. :)

I hope so to Erin!!
Rachel, it IS a cozy drink isn’t it??? :)

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

Yes it is Indigoloom and as a matter of fact I am having some now. :)

Let’s see… I’m a tea and workout fanatic, I work in HR, and most of my friends consider me to be an egg. White on the outside, Asian on the inside :)
-from philosophy to food, I love it all
Otherwise, what you see is what you get! I can be very straightforward and yet shy.

Also, I’ve started taking tea sommelier classes and it is an absolute blast! Well, so far I’ve only finished the first out of eight courses, but I am really looking forward to the next one.

Anyhow, if your curious as to how I rate things, this is how I work…

0-25
Like eating dirt, or some other unsanitary indelicacy that mentioning in my profile here would likely get me banned.
I don’t think I’ve found cause to banish a tea to the wasteland yet though so who knows what it’d inspire ;P

25-50
You know that expression “Don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater”? I imagine drinking that water would be terrible enough to warrant this rating!
I’d never make my enemy drink this, but perhaps I’d throw it at them. Good thing I don’t have any enemies!

50-70
This is “tea”?? I tried finishing the cup… but my body rejected it. There may be others who enjoy this tea, but it’s beyond me!

70-80
I tried liking it, and I can almost get there! I certainly don’t hate it, but something is holding me back. Allergies? Men in white suits? who knows… certainly not me!

80-90
Lovely tea! Not my all time fave but close. I likely wouldn’t repurchase, but may decide to based on many factors: price, accessibility, whether it fills a “tea gap”, medicinal applications, and how often I crave it.
Every once in awhile I find the sweet spot that bumps these up to 90+. Those are the days I need to buy a lotto ticket!

90-95
Sweet Camellia! this is realllly good tea! Don’t talk to me until I’ve finished my cup…

95-100
Tea of the gods. I would do anything to get my hands on more of this liquid gold!

Toronto (Mississauga, but I work in TO)