drank Special Dark by Mandala Tea

My first foray into Pu-er and I was not prepared for the intensity of Special Dark. The first infusion and I realized that Pu-er is in a totally different taste dimension compared to where I’ve been with tea. Luckily I was once and avid coffee drinker and straight black was my preference. So after I sat up and took notice of this foundational shift I am relishing my 2nd infusion, and immersing myself in decadent chocolately bliss.

Oh my, what devilish temptations have I opened myself up to? To late now, 3rd infusion coming up. :)

205 °F / 96 °C 0 min, 15 sec 10 g 5 OZ / 150 ML
TheTeaFairy

Yes, I can totally see why this tea would appeal to any coffee lover! Used to drink mine black also :-)

mrmopar

Yay! You will find this stuff will grow on you!

Garret

I just got done packaging a bunch of this tea. There is something special about such a very small batch ripe tea like this. I’ve got my feelers out all of the time for ripes processed like this one was.

I’ll never ever forget my first ripe pu’er. So exciting. And then I went to China and experienced raw pu’er and had a whole other experience. I love both styles. First tea of the day has been a ripe pu’er for years and years. The last two years, my first tea has been Noble Mark. Then I usually switch to raw pu’er and whatever else is being brewed up in the shop at any given time.

Comments

TheTeaFairy

mrmopar

Yay! You will find this stuff will grow on you!

Garret

62 yo park ranger (aspiring retiree), been a casual tea drinker all my life, but for some reason just discovered the world of tea. :)

I’m enjoying a variety of teas from white to Pu’er, discovering my tastes, and playing with the various ways of coaxing the elixir from the leaf.

I’m developing a broad appreciation for good tea. So the day will come when I can comment from a base of experience.

In the meantime I’m here to learn and I’m happy to be part of this community

Spencer, Indiana USA