Tried some of this yesterday, when I’d decided I’d had enough caffeine for one night. It’s really /pretty/ — both the colorful mix of the dried flowers, and the pale pink rose petals once the tea has steeped. It smells way more citrusy than I had expected, but in a nice way. The tea itself was… a little disappointing. I steeped it for what feels like forever, but it was still a little too weak for my taste. Next time I’ll try using more, but I’m wary of overly strong chamomile, as it’s not my favorite thing.

I would probably have kept some of this around to add to plain black teas that were a little lacking on their own — this would add some pretty flower petals to the dry tea and a floral profile that might make up for the tea’s shortcomings — but unfortunately, it only comes in samples, sachets, and one pound bags… and I’m not quite /that/ fond of it.

Hi! I’m a linguistics major at a certain infamous east coast tech school, I write, I rock climb, and I have a mild obsession with Diana Wynne Jones.

I’m also Russian, which means I’ve been drinking tea all my life — always loose leaf, and always black. Black teas are still my favorite, but of course I dabble in a bit of everything. I really like ceylon, I recently discovered puer, and I’m having a lot of fun exploring flavored black teas (and making silly fandom blends on adagio…).

My tea cabinet may or may not be accurate at the moment, as I am transitioning between locations…

Rating system (work in progress):
95 – Wow!
85 – My favorites. Cupboard staple material.
75 – Really good. Debating whether to keep it around…
65 – Quite pleasant, but not for me. I probably won’t (re)purchase.
55 – Just okay.