drank Movie Night by DAVIDsTEA

Well, it was movie night, after all, so I thought this tea was appropriate. =] It was an impulse buy last time I was at Davids. There’s definitely a buttery popcorn smell, which is lovely. The taste is all apple, and then there’s a sweet, buttery popcorny aftertaste. The green tea is barely present — I thought maybe it was all at the bottom of the bag, or something, but I emptied it all into a bowl and yeah, there was very little of it.

It was certainly interesting, although I maybe wish there was something more to tie the apples and the popcorn together. A caramel note would make sense — caramel popcorn, caramel apples… I’ll try this one again later.

(please forgive any incoherency, it’s four in the morning…)

Hi! I’m a linguistics major at a certain infamous east coast tech school, I write, I rock climb, and I have a mild obsession with Diana Wynne Jones.

I’m also Russian, which means I’ve been drinking tea all my life — always loose leaf, and always black. Black teas are still my favorite, but of course I dabble in a bit of everything. I really like ceylon, I recently discovered puer, and I’m having a lot of fun exploring flavored black teas (and making silly fandom blends on adagio…).

My tea cabinet may or may not be accurate at the moment, as I am transitioning between locations…

Rating system (work in progress):
95 – Wow!
85 – My favorites. Cupboard staple material.
75 – Really good. Debating whether to keep it around…
65 – Quite pleasant, but not for me. I probably won’t (re)purchase.
55 – Just okay.