This tea smells AMAZING and tastes almost as good… I’d been afraid to try it in case it didn’t live up to my expectations, but I finally did last night (and had the later cups with some chai tea monkeybread, mmm…). It tastes fantastic, the comforting familiarity of vanilla, the uniqueness of the cedar tips… but I can’t stop grappling with myself over the price tag. Maybe for special occasions… or just to take out and smell every once in a while.

Whispering Pines Tea Company

I’m glad you enjoyed this one! Sadly, there’s almost no mark-up on this tea…the price tag is due to the large amount of saffron (the most expensive herb/spice in the world) in the blend. I have been looking for a different ingredient that would bring a similar flavor that the saffron does, but so far have had no luck. :/

Comments

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Hi! I’m a linguistics major at a certain infamous east coast tech school, I write, I rock climb, and I have a mild obsession with Diana Wynne Jones.

I’m also Russian, which means I’ve been drinking tea all my life — always loose leaf, and always black. Black teas are still my favorite, but of course I dabble in a bit of everything. I really like ceylon, I recently discovered puer, and I’m having a lot of fun exploring flavored black teas (and making silly fandom blends on adagio…).

My tea cabinet may or may not be accurate at the moment, as I am transitioning between locations…

Rating system (work in progress):
95 – Wow!
85 – My favorites. Cupboard staple material.
75 – Really good. Debating whether to keep it around…
65 – Quite pleasant, but not for me. I probably won’t (re)purchase.
55 – Just okay.